LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 164 users in the forums

Vacation day Mock ( fixed and final)

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It's still early, but let's please chill on the Watson hype, dude looked horribly average this past Saturday. I can't believe some would pass on Myles Garrett for Watson!!!
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Nice draft but I see 2 problems.
1. Eric Reid isn't worth 8.5 million a year, if you look at the ranking sites he rated like the 35th best safety. We could draft a safety or keep Bethea at 5 million and start Tartt. We would find better value in free agency. Plus unless he steps up big time we already have he under contract for 5 mill in 2017.
2. If we got the number 2 pick which I think we will be drafting later. We won 5 games and ended up picking 7th we would have to be at 2 or 3 wins to be picking that high. I assume the Browns would be picking 1st in your draft. They would either take Watson 1st or leverage the pick for a bundle of picks that Baalke would not give up. Also we should have 2 picks in round 5.

1. Only way I wouldn't want Eric Reid on this team is if we draft Derwin James in 2018 draft.
2. I don't see the Browns trading back again. Hopefully they take Watson. So the Niners can take Falk.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
It's still early, but let's please chill on the Watson hype, dude looked horribly average this past Saturday. I can't believe some would pass on Myles Garrett for Watson!!!

Yeah I have Garrett going 1st to the Titans..I'm thinking Watson will redeem himself and play great going foward to change a lot of minds..no QB is perfect and plays great every game..it happens..
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Nice draft but I see 2 problems.
1. Eric Reid isn't worth 8.5 million a year, if you look at the ranking sites he rated like the 35th best safety. We could draft a safety or keep Bethea at 5 million and start Tartt. We would find better value in free agency. Plus unless he steps up big time we already have he under contract for 5 mill in 2017.
2. If we got the number 2 pick which I think we will be drafting later. We won 5 games and ended up picking 7th we would have to be at 2 or 3 wins to be picking that high. I assume the Browns would be picking 1st in your draft. They would either take Watson 1st or leverage the pick for a bundle of picks that Baalke would not give up. Also we should have 2 picks in round 5.

1. Only way I wouldn't want Eric Reid on this team is if we draft Derwin James in 2018 draft.
2. I don't see the Browns trading back again. Hopefully they take Watson. So the Niners can take Falk.

I'm expecting Reid to have a great year with Ward starting CB and being great too..I'm sure either the niners pay Reud that much or another team will..he's so young with potential of being great..
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I would. Our QBs looks worse than horribly average. I don't think it's a matter of passing on Garrett for Watson, it's more like passing on Gabbert for Watson
Share 49ersWebzone