LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

DeShone Kizer QB, Notre Dame

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler A lot of work to do. But if the #NFLDraft was today, the top-3 on my board: 1) DE Myles Garrett 2) DL Malik McDowell 3) QB DeShone Kizer
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler A lot of work to do. But if the #NFLDraft was today, the top-3 on my board: 1) DE Myles Garrett 2) DL Malik McDowell 3) QB DeShone Kizer

I told you watson sucks. While i dont think kizer is a good fit for Kelly's system, he can be a good qb under the right system.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I told you watson sucks. While i dont think kizer is a good fit for Kelly's system, he can be a good qb under the right system.

Kelly might not be a long term guy....we just dont know yet

If you had a choice between Garrett and Kizer for the 49ers, who would you take?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

If you had a choice between Garrett and Kizer for the 49ers, who would you take?

Garrett. I don't think Kizer should go in the top 3 picks yet. I'd still take Watson over Garrett though. I'll be very excited if we're in position to draft any of these guys.

Kizer is all the way up to #5 on CBS's rankings (passed Kaaya to be the #2 QB). Garrett is the #1 overall prospect though.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/all
Originally posted by jreff22:

I think Kelly is guaranteed for next year which means he'll have to sign off on whatever QB we're interested in.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Kelly will be around for at least a couple more years at minimum. He will get a chance to build an offense.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The point here is that there are several good options at QB.
Originally posted by okdkid:

but are we going to be in position to select any of them?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

We'll draft 7-12, so we should be able to do whatever we'd like. So far, nobody is running away with the top QB spot this draft. So, there likely will not be much separation amongst this year's top QBs. Different styles of play, but same effectiveness.

We'll draft 7-12, so we should be able to do whatever we'd like. So far, nobody is running away with the top QB spot this draft. So, there likely will not be much separation amongst this year's top QBs. Different styles of play, but same effectiveness.

Question is, should we expect another crazy trade up or someone suddenly jumping in front of us again? There seem to be even more QB hungry teams than last year. Comp picks can be traded in the next draft too.
[ Edited by ninerAxe on Sep 20, 2016 at 12:51 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

The Cleveland Browns take offense to the bolded
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Garrett probably, just because he looks to be an off the charts pass rushing beast in the NFL but I feel like the 49ers will be drafting too low for either.
Originally posted by ninerAxe:
Question is, should we expect another crazy trade up or someone suddenly jumping in front of us again? There seem to be even more QB hungry teams than last year. Comp picks can be traded in the next draft too.

Cleveland
Buffalo
Washington
Chicago

Are the main teams that I can see bottoming out and going hard after a QB in the draft. Rooting for these teams to win a lot of games other than when they play the 49ers.
Originally posted by ninerAxe:

Cleveland
Buffalo
Washington
Chicago

Are the main teams that I can see bottoming out and going hard after a QB in the draft. Rooting for these teams to win a lot of games other than when they play the 49ers.

The Saints also need to find an heir to groom behind Brees since Grayson isnt working out. Last draft there was worry of Dallas, but with Dak working out so far we can scratch off them off the list for the moment.
[ Edited by ninerAxe on Sep 20, 2016 at 2:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone