LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 379 users in the forums

DeShone Kizer QB, Notre Dame

Originally posted by evil:
Our D could be a little better if it wasn't for DC BVG.

I feel your pain! O line has been spotty too! Bvg probably won't make it through the season judging by the look Kelly gave him!
Kizer looks like he could be better in the NFL than he is in college.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Sep 18, 2016 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:

I agree with this. The raw tools to be a pretty good NFL QB are there, its really up to him how far he goes.

I prefer Chad Kelly because his competitive attitude is remarkable against top teams like FSU & Bama
Originally posted by NIMV4683:

I prefer Chad Kelly because his competitive attitude is remarkable against top teams like FSU & Bama

IMO Chad Kelly is the most talented QB in the class but he has major red flags. His red flags would already be a big deal for him if he played another position but as a QB they are even bigger.

Kelly has been kicked out of nearly every high school and college he has attended. He has a consistent pattern of off the field and disciplinary issues.

If there is one position where you NEED a player to be mentally and emotionally balanced, it is quarterback.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Jay Cutler 2.0
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Sep 18 This is the worst ND team in the last 10 years.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Sep 18 Michigan State is dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Sep 18 What makes Kizer such a top QB prospect is his ability to throw downfield accurately

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Sep 18 That last pass by Kizer was 65 yards in the air.... very strong arm
If Notre Dame is able to salvage the 2016 season, until further notice it'll be because it has one of the nation's best quarterbacks running its offense.

"What's frustrating is when you go out there and you don't execute your job," Kizer said. "I was asked to do a couple things, and they weren't done right today. That's the frustrating part.

"We can go out there and score every drive and put up 70 points, and I truly believe in that. And we fell short of that, and that has a lot to do with me."

Of course, it would've been counterproductive for Kelly to bury his defense by publicly saying Kizer has to put the team on his back. It's only Week 3 and even though Notre Dame has no chance to reach the College Football Playoff, anything but a 10-win season would represent a regression for a program in Year 7 under Kelly. Getting the defense fixed would go a long way toward reaching that double-digit total.

But Brian VanGorder's group was porous against Texas and ineffective against Michigan State, save for some backs-against-the-wall rallies in both games. And until that unit gets fixed, it's probably perfection or bust for the Irish offense with ranked opponents in Stanford and Miami still on the schedule.

"I take this 100 percent on my back," Kizer said. "We didn't score as many points as we should have to win the game and as the commander of the offense that's 100 percent on me."

http://www.csnchicago.com/notre-dame/until-further-notice-deshone-kizer-will-have-carry-notre-dame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Notre Dame is able to salvage the 2016 season, until further notice it'll be because it has one of the nation's best quarterbacks running its offense.

"What's frustrating is when you go out there and you don't execute your job," Kizer said. "I was asked to do a couple things, and they weren't done right today. That's the frustrating part.

"We can go out there and score every drive and put up 70 points, and I truly believe in that. And we fell short of that, and that has a lot to do with me."

Of course, it would've been counterproductive for Kelly to bury his defense by publicly saying Kizer has to put the team on his back. It's only Week 3 and even though Notre Dame has no chance to reach the College Football Playoff, anything but a 10-win season would represent a regression for a program in Year 7 under Kelly. Getting the defense fixed would go a long way toward reaching that double-digit total.

But Brian VanGorder's group was porous against Texas and ineffective against Michigan State, save for some backs-against-the-wall rallies in both games. And until that unit gets fixed, it's probably perfection or bust for the Irish offense with ranked opponents in Stanford and Miami still on the schedule.

"I take this 100 percent on my back," Kizer said. "We didn't score as many points as we should have to win the game and as the commander of the offense that's 100 percent on me."

http://www.csnchicago.com/notre-dame/until-further-notice-deshone-kizer-will-have-carry-notre-dame

I'm starting to sip the Kool-Aid ( just a little) it's only been a couple weeks, but like most have said I think he can be a better NFL QB than college, love that he's improved as a passer and makes some big time throws look like a leader

• evil
  • Veteran

Says all the right things.

Also not sure if you ever read this article but it paints him as a high character kind of guy, the kind who can get the gold star helmet on Baalke's big board :

http://www.campusrush.com/deshone-kizer-notre-dame-fighting-irish-1439974450.html
Originally posted by evil:
Says all the right things.

Also not sure if you ever read this article but it paints him as a high character kind of guy, the kind who can get the gold star helmet on Baalke's big board :

http://www.campusrush.com/deshone-kizer-notre-dame-fighting-irish-1439974450.html

I want Kizer in the draft this year something bad. I think he is the best QB in this class, but he might get over shadowed by a lackluster ND team
The QB we drafted from ND in 1979 did pretty good.
//

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Sep 18 Michigan State is dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Sep 18 What makes Kizer such a top QB prospect is his ability to throw downfield accurately

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe Sep 18 That last pass by Kizer was 65 yards in the air.... very strong arm

Put him behind this Oline and he'll look good, ala Prescott in DAL
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
//

Put him behind this Oline and he'll look good, ala Prescott in DAL

Does he throw the quick game on time? I've only seen him in one full game, and it looked like he held the ball unnecessarily long.
Share 49ersWebzone