LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

DeShone Kizer QB, Notre Dame

Originally posted by jersey49er:
Kizer won't have a better game this year..Texas D is bad..1 great game in the 1st game of the season and he's a top 10 pick already ? I think Malik Zaire could do just as good

The difference is that Kizer is a legit top NFL caliber prospect. Zaire is a top end college quarterback who likes to scramble and run and do stuff that is more predicated towards the college game.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kizer won't have a better game this year..Texas D is bad..1 great game in the 1st game of the season and he's a top 10 pick already ? I think Malik Zaire could do just as good

The difference is that Kizer is a legit top NFL caliber prospect. Zaire is a top end college quarterback who likes to scramble and run and do stuff that is more predicated towards the college game.

Idk maybe it's just me but a great game against Texas doesn't mean he's already a top legit NFL caliber prospect..I understand your point on Zaire bc he is exactly what you said..i think I have to see more Kizer against better defenses abd secondaries..like Michigan state and Stanford..even USC tho they got rocked by Bama..size and arm strength are great to start with but smarts is what the true talent is in my eyes..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SMH. ZAIRE is a cross bread between a retarded Kaepernick and Everett Golson.
Idk maybe it's just me but a great game against Texas doesn't mean he's already a top legit NFL caliber prospect..I understand your point on Zaire bc he is exactly what you said..i think I have to see more Kizer against better defenses abd secondaries..like Michigan state and Stanford..even USC tho they got rocked by Bama..size and arm strength are great to start with but smarts is what the true talent is in my eyes..

This. I am as biased as it comes to Notre Dame, but I cannot declare him as the #1 pick yet. But I like his play.

Agreed! I watch every Nd game either live or on tv you are spot on with your assessment of the two. One thing I'd like to see Kizer get better with is red zone decision making.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Sep 9, 2016 at 7:41 PM ]
It's not so much putting up numbers against Texas that was impressive. It was the throws he was making. The fade TD to go up 7-0. The absolute dart he threw that St Brown where he cartwheeled into the end zone. The throw between 3 defenders that Hunter dropped in end zone. The TD flat footed dropped over the outside shoulder to the back. Those are all legit NFL throws.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Zaire didn't look as good before he got hurt last year, or before Kizer came in last week. We'll see how Kizer does this year. I think Kelly wants a guy who doesn't wait as long to get the ball out, but we'll see. He's already accurate. If he can throw on time, he's an enticing prospect for a Chip Kelly offense.

That can be taught. Whoever the team drafts should sit for a while and learn even though most 9er fans will want them to play week 1.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Zaire didn't look as good before he got hurt last year, or before Kizer came in last week. We'll see how Kizer does this year. I think Kelly wants a guy who doesn't wait as long to get the ball out, but we'll see. He's already accurate. If he can throw on time, he's an enticing prospect for a Chip Kelly offense.

That can be taught. Whoever the team drafts should sit for a while and learn even though most 9er fans will want them to play week 1.

Not really its all about what your own eyes see even if you study film..if that can be taught why aren't more QBs like Peyton or Rodgers..? Or how come Kap can't read a defense I'm sure he puts in the film work..

1 game you mean this season right? Because he played last year and did so at a high level too, or that doesn't count? If smarts is where you feel true talent is then you'd be hard pressed finding anyone better in that category than Kizer
Originally posted by 49ers808:

1 game you mean this season right? Because he played last year and did so at a high level too, or that doesn't count? If smarts is where you feel true talent is then you'd be hard pressed finding anyone better in that category than Kizer

Well last year I don't recall him having a game like he did against Texas that the webzine went crazy over..all I'm saying is he has not played in very many games..what happens if he throws 3 picks the next 3 games and gets benched for Zaire..kind of like Cardale Jones last year..his hype over the little bit of games he played great in didn't show when he played more and more..but I'm not saying Kizer won't be great I'm just saying I need to see more of him..

Originally posted by 49ers808:

Well last year I don't recall him having a game like he did against Texas that the webzine went crazy over..all I'm saying is he has not played in very many games..what happens if he throws 3 picks the next 3 games and gets benched for Zaire..kind of like Cardale Jones last year..his hype over the little bit of games he played great in didn't show when he played more and more..but I'm not saying Kizer won't be great I'm just saying I need to see more of him..

Fair enough. I want to see more too and ain't crowning nothing, just like his potential in what he's done thus far in his college career
Kizer is much better then Zaire
[ Edited by KajunNiner on Sep 14, 2016 at 4:17 AM ]
Kizer moving up those boards!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Looking forward to seeing more games from him.
The first overall pick? I LOVE the guy and he's a first rounder to me....but the first overall?
Share 49ersWebzone