There are 197 users in the forums

DeShone Kizer QB, Notre Dame

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I see Kelly being a solid NFL QB. I dont see him being a Manziel like bust but I wouldnt be shocked to see him having a meltdown somewhere. I dont want the 49ers drafting him. Too many questions about what is going on upstairs.

This. Kelly shows some good things but way too many QBs with great arms and 2 cent heads have proven to be busts.

We need a guy who's got it physically and upstairs...those are rare finds but one without the other just isn't worth investing a high draft pick in.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tohara3:
I really like him. I think by the end of the season he will become a top 10 pick if he continues to play the way he did the other night

Isn't he a Sophomore??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Isn't he a Sophomore??

redshirt soph so he is eligible

hes going to be a top 5 pick u think hes talented and very smart high football iq

he and watson are now the two qbs im looking at
meh

JT Barrett over this kid all day every day and twice on Sundays
Originally posted by TheRambler:
meh

And this is why Ohio State homers are the worst homers of all.
I think the only QB in round 1 id want to draft is Desaun Watson and we all know what that would take ( having a top 3 pick) other then him Id go either WR or ILB..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I think the only QB in round 1 id want to draft is Desaun Watson and we all know what that would take ( having a top 3 pick) other then him Id go either WR or ILB..

this guy will go in top 5 he may go #1 at end of year
I really like him. I think by the end of the season he will become a top 10 pick if he continues to play the way he did the other night

Isn't he a Sophomore??

He is a Junior

Isn't he a Sophomore??

He is a Junior

Redshirt Soph.
meh

And this is why Ohio State homers are the worst homers of all.

lol, he has "it" bro. You can't measure "it".

Originally posted by 49ers808:

Isn't he a Sophomore??

He is a Junior

Redshirt Soph.

This.

Anyways, I see him a second round talent AS OF RIGHT NOW, but if the draft was held today, he would be a very high draft choice. He has good arm strength, very good accuracy, he seems to read the defense rather well and make the NFL throws. I want to see him do two things: play tougher competition and how well does he do when there's pressure in his face? Can he be evasive and escape the pass rush or will he get sacked alot. I LOVE NOTRE DAME and i pay very close attention to star players. He didn't look that impressive against ohio state but they had pressure all day on him. The one "knock" against Kizer is that he has a VERY GOOD OFFENSIVE and a very good offensive coach. If he's a top ten talent, most likely, he won't have nearly the offensive arsenal and the offensive coaching talents that he enjoyed in ND. He's an interesting prospect but I would be scared if the niners selected him.
lol, he has "it" bro. You can't measure "it".

So did Colt McCoy. 'It" doesn't mean jack squat in the NFL if you don't have the corresponding QB traits.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This.

Anyways, I see him a second round talent AS OF RIGHT NOW, but if the draft was held today, he would be a very high draft choice. He has good arm strength, very good accuracy, he seems to read the defense rather well and make the NFL throws. I want to see him do two things: play tougher competition and how well does he do when there's pressure in his face? Can he be evasive and escape the pass rush or will he get sacked alot. I LOVE NOTRE DAME and i pay very close attention to star players. He didn't look that impressive against ohio state but they had pressure all day on him. The one "knock" against Kizer is that he has a VERY GOOD OFFENSIVE and a very good offensive coach. If he's a top ten talent, most likely, he won't have nearly the offensive arsenal and the offensive coaching talents that he enjoyed in ND. He's an interesting prospect but I would be scared if the niners selected him.

I think this year is going to be a good test for him when you consider just how much offensive talent Notre Dame lost from last season. He can definitely jump up to top 10 status with his unique combination of traits and size. He's still pretty raw but if he keeps playing like he did vs Texas., the sky is the limit for him.
This.

I think this year is going to be a good test for him when you consider just how much offensive talent Notre Dame lost from last season. He can definitely jump up to top 10 status with his unique combination of traits and size. He's still pretty raw but if he keeps playing like he did vs Texas., the sky is the limit for him.

Kizer won't have a better game this year..Texas D is bad..1 great game in the 1st game of the season and he's a top 10 pick already ? I think Malik Zaire could do just as good
Originally posted by jersey49er:
This.

Kizer won't have a better game this year..Texas D is bad..1 great game in the 1st game of the season and he's a top 10 pick already ? I think Malik Zaire could do just as good

Zaire didn't look as good before he got hurt last year, or before Kizer came in last week. We'll see how Kizer does this year. I think Kelly wants a guy who doesn't wait as long to get the ball out, but we'll see. He's already accurate. If he can throw on time, he's an enticing prospect for a Chip Kelly offense.
Share 49ersWebzone