LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

2017 Mock Draft and offseason

Extensions
I. Williams 3yrs/11 million
V. McDonald/3yrs/13 Million have to pay him more than Celek with the way Gabbert stares him down we might want get a discount now.
E. Reid 4yrs/17 million boom or bust he regains his rookie year form or it will be his last season
A. Lynch 4 yrs/22 million with behavior clauses
J. Ward 5yrs/30 million
C. Hyde if healthy in 2016 and rushes for 1300-1600 yards 10-15 TDs 5 yrs/35 million

Cut
A. Brooks his cap number jumps over 8 million next season.
A. Bethea his cap number is almost 6 million and you include Reid's contract. 11 million is too high for the safety position.
Colin Kapernick his number is too high for a backup.
We also let Gabbert go unless he takes backup money.

Trade
4th round pick to Texans for Tom Savage QB. Watch him throw before you attack this trade.

I don't believe we are the worst team in the league I think we are better in each group except for QB and WR. So I'm giving us pick 7 again.

Round 1 pick 7 Mike Williams Wr Clemson love this guy we need to invest some picks in wrs and no QB as of right now in worth pick 7 so I'm going with our 2nd biggest need. Williams catches everything, if he stays healthy he will pass Juju Shuster-smith as the top wr. Max Browne looked bad for USC.

Round 2 Pick 7 Christian Mcaffery RB/Wr name of the draft is offensive playmakers which we don't have.

Round 3 Pick 7 Curtis Samuel HB/WR gives us speed at our slot wr spot.

Round 4 comp E. Engram TE Really good receiving TE.

Round 5 Pick 7 E. Mangunsen OT Competion

Round 5 Pick 22 R. Anderson OLB

Round 6 Pick 7 D. Booker LB great athlete

Round 7 pick 7 K. Colman S.
[ Edited by SFBuckeye on Sep 12, 2016 at 10:01 AM ]
Chad Kelly in the 2nd? I'd pass on that
f**k that. Trade up for Watson.
What I don't understand is how you would extend Ian Williams when he isn't going to play one snap all year? I like Mike Williams a lot.
I love the Mike Williams pick but hate the Kelly pick
Those contracts won't get those players signed, way way too low. Ian will get more on the open market. Reid's is way way too low. No way Lynch signs for only $22M over 4yrs, he will get a $60M+ deal when he does sign an extension, players won't sign early just because they can, they want as much money as possible.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Those contracts won't get those players signed, way way too low. Ian will get more on the open market. Reid's is way way too low. No way Lynch signs for only $22M over 4yrs, he will get a $60M+ deal when he does sign an extension, players won't sign early just because they can, they want as much money as possible.

so basically a lot of the cap space the niners do have will be spent on resigning?extending the players who they drafted..Lynch, Hyde, Ward, and Reid wont be cheap..Lynch around 10 million a year, Hyde around 6 million a year, Ward 9 million a year, Reid 7 million a year..about accurate AB..?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
so basically a lot of the cap space the niners do have will be spent on resigning?extending the players who they drafted..Lynch, Hyde, Ward, and Reid wont be cheap..Lynch around 10 million a year, Hyde around 6 million a year, Ward 9 million a year, Reid 7 million a year..about accurate AB..?

Depending on play yah those are likely the ranges.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Depending on play yah those are likely the ranges.

well in all honesty I hope all their price ranges are at that bc that would mean they played great lol...My Ward jersey on its way bc I personally think hes going to be great this year and years to come..

Reid is ranked like 35th out of 64 starting safeties. He's been average the last 2 seasons and we don't really have to extend him til after the 2017 season. We can find better value in the draft or free agency. Lynch isn't getting paid that much after being suspended and only getting 6.5 sacks the last 2 season, he's not an elite player yet he's got to take another step.

I think your over valuing some of them players. Lynch suspended hasn't taking the next step yet. 6.5 sacks ain't getting him elite money. Hyde hurt now and every season in the league. Hasn't put up any numbers yet. If he gets hurt again this season we will drafting a rb in the top 3 rounds next season. Reid 35th ranked safety out of 64 starters does not get elite money. He's had 2 average years in a row. Ward will get a nice deal but he is a first round pick we can pick up his option next season and keep him at a decent salary and then decide to pay him or go with Robinson.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Christian McCaffrey in the 2nd, really??

What did he do get busted selling crack or something??
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Reid is ranked like 35th out of 64 starting safeties. He's been average the last 2 seasons and we don't really have to extend him til after the 2017 season. We can find better value in the draft or free agency. Lynch isn't getting paid that much after being suspended and only getting 6.5 sacks the last 2 season, he's not an elite player yet he's got to take another step.

That's a slap in the face for both Reid and lynch. (be awesome if they take that but not realistic)

Look at current contracts of safeties

http://overthecap.com/position/safety/ He be like the 30th overall paid saftey, if you think he's only worth that much then you basically saying he's not a starter, you got to take into context that he's gonna be a FA and 31 other teams can throw cash at him.

Bruce Irvin got $40 million and he's avg 5.5 sacks before getting his deal, lynch has been better than him.

I like Mike Williams.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 12, 2016 at 12:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You think he goes higher or lower?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You think he goes higher or lower?

He's easily going in the top 15, maybe top 10 depending on the teams drafting. The dude can do it all -- run, catch, punt return, kick return. He can be a playmaker in any offense. The only thing keeping him out of the top 5 is this absolutely ridiculous class of RBs likely coming out.
Share 49ersWebzone