LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Patrick Mahomes QB

Originally posted by Jcool:
I saw a bunch of good plays from him & physically he is an NFL QB. But a lot of those passes would not be completions in the NFL, he would not get set and just chuck the ball up for a WR & the way he holds the ball will get him stripped easily in the NFL. So he would not be someone the 49ers could take and start from day 1 but will also go to high for him to be taken as the #2 QB drafted.

? 3rd rd qb IMO that's where he should go and that's not where the #2 qb will get drafted.

People said the same things about Dak the system lead to him having open WRs for easy throws as well...mahomes isn't a day 1 started, but if drafted where I think he should go he wouldn't be...he can run chip's offense and would benefit from a yr to learn.

I would disagree that a lot of those passes wouldn't be completions in a chip Kelly run offense.
Kid has almost 400 yards & 5 TD's in the 1st half tonight. Would love to see this kid in Chip Kelly's offense
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Kid has almost 400 yards & 5 TD's in the 1st half tonight. Would love to see this kid in Chip Kelly's offense

Keep in mind a lot of those are YAC. The last TD was 62 yards and 40 of them were after the catch & on the 80 yard TD, 55 were YAC. But it is a nice bounce back game from last week.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 25, 2016 at 5:36 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Nice back shoulder throw for the 6th TD. Should of been offensive pass interference but the throw was good.

Keep in mind a lot of those are YAC. The last TD was 62 yards and 40 of them were after the catch & on the 80 yard TD, 55 were YAC. But it is a nice bounce back game from last week.

Most 62 yard and 80 yard TDs in the nfl are a lot of YAC. Joe's the best ever, and his most famous tangible trait was ball placement that allowed his WRs to catch in stride and maximize YAC.
Nice back shoulder throw for the 6th TD. Should of been offensive pass interference but the throw was good.

Agree. He did have nice ball placement on some balls tonight. Should have had 7 or 8 TD's today
Will McKay ‏@Will_R_Mckay #TexasTech QB Pat Mahomes tells @ChrisLevel in postgame that he's currently planning on returning next season as of right now. We'll see.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 25, 2016 at 7:34 PM ]
I've been having my eye on this kid since last year...hes a monster and Kingsbury has done a great job groooming him as a quarterback..im telling u chip would kill it with this kid..draft him in the 3rd..2nd to be safe if he starts getting a buzz and we can take a garrett or peppers or someone with the most talent with our first...we dont HAVE to take a qb in the first or even the 2nd to address the qb situation...cmon chip take the kid
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Will McKay ‏@Will_R_Mckay #TexasTech QB Pat Mahomes tells @ChrisLevel in postgame that he's currently planning on returning next season as of right now. We'll see.

Shame. I like him dispite the mechanical flaws
Originally posted by shmuck:

Me too

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Most 62 yard and 80 yard TDs in the nfl are a lot of YAC. Joe's the best ever, and his most famous tangible trait was ball placement that allowed his WRs to catch in stride and maximize YAC.

The only big in stride TD pass was the 81 yarder down the sideline. The other two (62 yd & 80 yd) were over the middle & Baylor DBs made bad tackle attempts.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Me too

FYI they usually don't announce right after the last game they are leaving. You will probably hear something in a few weeks.

What do you think chip's offense is based off?? Getting YAC. You're nitpicking everything single thing lol all he can do is put the ball where it needs to go...and you've seen plenty of down field throws from this kid already.

He needs a yr on the bench, but has gotten better as a passer every yr.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

The only big in stride TD pass was the 81 yarder down the sideline. The other two (62 yd & 80 yd) were over the middle & Baylor DBs made bad tackle attempts.

IMO, you can still credit him for part of that. He has incredible zip on his throws between the hashes, and he throws the best fastball skinny post in college football. Point is, it messes up a DBs timing when the ball arrives before you expect it to. You're lining up a big "Wooo!" hit on a WR still in the process of catching/securing the ball, but the pass arrives so quickly that he's turned into a runner who can throw moves/defend himself before you get there. I played safety before I bulked up, and that was probably the most frustrating aspect of playing a big-armed QB, IMO.

Now that I'm too old, busted, and untalented to play, we constantly coach up our DBS to break down and gather their hips against a QB like that, because they can't go hunting big hits when the ball always arrives 3 steps before they do and the WRs can get out of the way.

Me too

FYI they usually don't announce right after the last game they are leaving. You will probably hear something in a few weeks.

I'm gonna be pissed of both he and Falk stay in college. We need all the good prospects possible in this draft if we're going to entertain thoughts of drafting Garrett in the 1st. If Mahomes' 3rd round grade holds and we can get better at OLB and WR first, I'd be doing backflips and kissing strangers.
Share 49ersWebzone