There are 190 users in the forums

Patrick Mahomes QB

His father said is shoulder is OK by the way and he won't need surgery. Before the Baalke haters run with that one it's not his knee lol
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Well I obviously watched him play against ASU.

Great athlete, excellent arm strength. Weakness is he plays such an unconventional style, scrambling around in the backfield, but hey that type of crap works for Russell Wilson.

In the 4th he threw two picks. Both were really odd, I'm not sure what happened. I almost feel like it was a broken play? Either that or his arm just went dead. They were both kind of lobs in the air that weren't on target. Which leads me to think it was suppose to be some type of backshoulder throw that the WR ran the wrong route on or something?

He did a great job spreading the ball around. He didn't show any tendencies, it felt so unpredictable how he would pick us apart. Everything was working. His WRs looked meh to me. Tech's coaching staff didn't look prepared for the game (which was funny because in the Bowl game 4 years ago, I felt it was the complete opposite with coach preparation). I would not be surprised if Tech wins Big 12 due to Mahomes.

He looked like a 1st round QB to me. There really wasn't any stopping him, I felt like both picks were just dumb luck because something clearly looked broken

Two weeks later I saw Davis Webb, who I thought looked like a mid to late round QB against ASU.

Devil fan too. I was amazed how accurate Mahomes was in that game. He's got a little Wilson in the legs and Rivers in the delivery. I think this guy is going to be good though. Other than those two passes for INT, he was throwing perfect balls on almost every crossing route.

If the niners could land Garrett and Mahomes somehow, I'd be elated.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Devil fan too. I was amazed how accurate Mahomes was in that game. He's got a little Wilson in the legs and Rivers in the delivery. I think this guy is going to be good though. Other than those two passes for INT, he was throwing perfect balls on almost every crossing route.

Garrett and Mahomes would be a win IMO, as long as they get some weapons for Mahomes. I live the Wilson/Rivers comparison. His delivery is so similar to Rivers and his movement in the pocket is Wilson-like. I love that he looks to pass first. I also like that he fits Kelly's scheme really well, unlike any NFL QB he's had yet
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

Garrett and Mahomes would be a win IMO, as long as they get some weapons for Mahomes. I live the Wilson/Rivers comparison. His delivery is so similar to Rivers and his movement in the pocket is Wilson-like. I love that he looks to pass first. I also like that he fits Kelly's scheme really well, unlike any NFL QB he's had yet

That would be a great 1st two picks in my eyes and sign a number 1 WR and the offseason would be a success in my eyes..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
That would be a great 1st two picks in my eyes and sign a number 1 WR and the offseason would be a success in my eyes..

Add an ILB and NT and it will be great! Alonso and Bennie Logan would be great adds
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Add an ILB and NT and it will be great! Alonso and Bennie Logan would be great adds

Got me sold, lets start next season already with that team lol
Jesus, this is kid like Russell Wilson, throws it up and gets lucky AF. What a arm though. This kid can really throw the ball. Dont know if he would be successful in the NFL though.
Should really stay in school and keep working on grasping essential elements to succeed at QB. He's just a bundle of physical talent right now. He get's away with it playing the other bad defensive teams in the Big 12.
77 passing attempts and there is still 8 minutes left, dude's right shoulder is going to be numb for a few days.
Make that 88 attempts, 1 shy of the FBS record, holy s**t.

Originally posted by Chibamarines:
Should really stay in school and keep working on grasping essential elements to succeed at QB. He's just a bundle of physical talent right now. He get's away with it playing the other bad defensive teams in the Big 12.

yeah, would really like him to work on his short pass game .

But dang, 734 passing yards? that is just ridiculous.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Is that a record for passing attempts too? Saw he set an NCAA record for passing yards - never seen anywhere near 88 attempts before
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

most of those throws were probably 20+ yards too
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Is that a record for passing attempts too? Saw he set an NCAA record for passing yards - never seen anywhere near 88 attempts before

1 shy of the record for attempts. He got the record for yards and completions. His coach held the record for completions previously.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
most of those throws were probably 20+ yards too

This game was like a lesbian orgy. No D.
Share 49ersWebzone