There are 153 users in the forums

JT Barrett is as good as Deshawn Watson

That Urban Meyer system never translates quickly or very well in the NFL. Alex is by far his best QB produced and was one of the least touted coming out of HS. His system is not friendly to pro style QBs.
Thes college QB's that are surrounded with 5 star athletes look to be the next Tom Brady. Once they get to an NFL training camp things change quickly.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
That Urban Meyer system never translates quickly or very well in the NFL. Alex is by far his best QB produced and was one of the least touted coming out of HS. His system is not friendly to pro style QBs.

Normally I would agree with you except the Chip Kelly's system isn't that much different than Urban Meyers! JT is going to finish with 50 TDs this season he had 7 yesterday. The best spot for Watson and JT is with the Niners.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
The numbers don't lie! He can make all the throws and he's faster than Watson! If he gets 47 TDs again he will be a first round pick.

he can make all the throws but the issue i have is he is no way near nfl ready

he will need a few years min
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
barrett is trash, hes at best a fourth round pick
He will be in the conversation for the 2nd qb taken! And in the running for heisman!
He will be in the conversation for the 2nd qb taken! And in the running for heisman!

If he's in the conversation for #2 QB, you'll be the only one saying it.

ohmygod.

Either this dude is a blind homer or he knows nothing about scouting QB's.

He's a 7th round/UDFA player. Not even close to Watson.
Deshone Kiser is better than both
Originally posted by shmuck:

ohmygod.

Either this dude is a blind homer or he knows nothing about scouting QB's.

He's a 7th round/UDFA player. Not even close to Watson.

Why can't he be both?

Whoa, how did I miss this thread? I have been the biggest fanboy of #BADNEWSBARRETT since his freshman year.

First off, there are a lot of ignant posts in this thread.

Second, I think Barrett (if he comes out) is projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder right now. He is probably only 5'11 so he may fall a little more.

The reason I'm a huge fan of his and believe he will be a good NFL player is:

1) he throws with anticipation. I'm starting to believe you can't teach that
2) he easily goes through all his progressions and has since he was a freshman. I'm starting to believe you can't teach that either.
3) he is very accurate. Drops it in the bucket like a bawse.

Biggest problem he has is lack of deep arm strength, and that is something that prevents a lot of elite college QBs from being anything special in the NFL. See: Kellen Moore, all the Spurrier Florida QBs, Ken Dorsey, etc.
This guy covers all my thoughts on Barrett.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
Watching JT Barrett vs Bowling Green. I still don't trust him even a little bit beyond about 15 yards.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
I don't know how you're supposed to invest in Barrett, who is in his fourth college season now, and hope he fixes his mechanics in the NFL.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
His arm strength is subpar as is. Having bad feet magnifies that. I don't trust him to make throws down the field.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
So now you're left with a player who *has* to be hyper efficient to have value. Barrett was locking onto poor early reads a lot vs BG.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
@TST_Eli I think he's a fine college player and has his moments, but I don't see many NFL traits

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 8, 2016 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
Watching JT Barrett vs Bowling Green. I still don't trust him even a little bit beyond about 15 yards.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
I don't know how you're supposed to invest in Barrett, who is in his fourth college season now, and hope he fixes his mechanics in the NFL.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
His arm strength is subpar as is. Having bad feet magnifies that. I don't trust him to make throws down the field.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
So now you're left with a player who *has* to be hyper efficient to have value. Barrett was locking onto poor early reads a lot vs BG.

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass
@TST_Eli I think he's a fine college player and has his moments, but I don't see many NFL traits

lol whotf is that dude tweeting. And Barrett is only a junior.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass

Derrik Klassen‏ @QBKlass

LMAOOOOO where did you find the mic drop..? still has me laughing..Phoenix your crazy my guy..lol
I can play the quote game too!

I asked quarterback guru George Whitfield about Barrett at the NFL Combine in February. Whitfield's habit, as with someone like Jon Gruden, is to effusively praise any quarterback he's discussing.

Keep that in mind. But he said Barrett makes it in the NFL.

"No question," Whitfield said.

And then he brought up Wilson.

"His temperament, his acumen, his ability to assess, his intangibles are off the charts," Whitfield told cleveland.com. "I think he's a little bit bigger than Russell Wilson, but I think he'll have a lot of that Russell Wilson feel about him."

Mind you, I disagree with OP that he is a 1st round option. But between 3 and 5 he would be a great value IMHO.
Share 49ersWebzone