LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

2017 Wide Receivers

A lot depends simply on the TYPE of WR they want to add this year.

With Garcon and Kerley, I think our most likely picks will be in the mid rounds to grab:

Josh Reynolds

or

Jamari Staples

Both payers are lengthy 6'3 recievers that can play the outside, with enough speed to also be vertical threats but a big catch radius
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

With Garcon and Kerley, I think our most likely picks will be in the mid rounds to grab:

Josh Reynolds

or

Jamari Staples

Both payers are lengthy 6'3 recievers that can play the outside, with enough speed to also be vertical threats but a big catch radius
I'd be happy with either, works for me
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Heroism:
The more I watch this game again, the more I realize how important having a running back that can catch out of the backfield is heading into the draft. One of our top needs. It is integral to his offense.

Kyle killed the Seahawks with Coleman and Freeman out of the backfield.

Freeman=Kareem Hunt, Coleman=Jamaal Williams

I think we got one of those guys with our $5 million dollar FB.

Ehhh..I dunno if he can cut like them my man.
49ers post-free agency position review: Wide receiver

The 49ers made some big changes at wide receiver, and we take a look at what's to come.

Going forward

Goodwin has a high ceiling but hasn't done much in his short time in the NFL. The young guys are all big question marks and the new regime hasn't yet proved to be a massive failure at drafting wide receivers.

Smart money is on them drafting at least one of them. I wouldn't rule out them drafting one high, but they'll definitely get one in the later rounds. The roster is going to change a whole lot more as a result of Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch, and only time will tell if it changes for the better.

It will be incredibly interesting to see what happens with Goodwin, who received middling quarterback play in Buffalo, which is more than Smith could say. It will also be interesting to see what Garcon has left to show at this point in his career.

Below, we're going to look at some of the draft prospects — a very quick look of some of the top prospects and some of the later round prospects.

Mike Williams, Clemson: Williams is one of the top receivers in the draft and is considered a consensus first-round pick. He's a massive receiver with sure hands and reminds me most of Calvin Johnson. He may not be much of an option at No. 2 overall, but if the 49ers move back, it could get interesting.

John Ross, Washington: The man who broke Chris Johnson's combine 40-yard dash time. Ross was already considered a potential late-first-round pick, but now it's all but guaranteed he won't make it out of the first round.

Corey Davis, Western Michigan: A great route-runner with the best hands of anyone in the draft, Davis is one of the safest picks in the first round. He'd fit well in Kyle Shanahan's offense, as far as I'm concerned.

Curtis Samuel, Ohio State: This guy is intriguing for a lot of reasons. He's a combination running back and wide receiver, but he'll play more receiver in the NFL. With a creative offensive mind, Samuel could be incredibly dangerous. But these in-between players are always risky and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with a first-round pick being spent on him.

K.D. Cannon, Baylor: Moving on to some later-round selections, Cannon is a favorite of mine. He caught 87 passes for 1,215 yards in 2016 and is a great all-around weapon. He's shifty, and looks a lot like a more polished Bruce Ellington.

Ricky Seals-Jones, Texas A&M: This guy interests me ... he's a monster of a receiver (6'5, 243 pounds), a size mismatch for any cornerback in the league. But he was injured a bit in 2016, and only had 26 receptions as a result. He entered the draft in 2017, while many thought he should have played another season to improve his draft stock. If he's there in the fifth round, I'd be interested in him.

Zach Pascal, Old Dominion: Pascal had 65 receptions for 946 yards and nine touchdowns in 2016, and was a star for Old Dominion. I feel like he has a very high ceiling, and has good size to go with his exceptional speed.

Taywan Taylor, Western Kentucky: The last guy I'll look at was stupidly productive for Western Kentucky a season ago, with 1,730 yards and 17 touchdowns. He's got good size, good speed and will likely be around in the fifth or sixth round.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/23/15028962/49ers-free-agency-2017-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-pierre-garcon
Francis Owusu, WR Stanford.

at Stanford's pro day: At 6-3 and 221 pounds, Owusu ran back-to-back sub-4.4-second 40-yard dashes and posted a vertical of 40 1/2 inches,
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Francis Owusu, WR Stanford.

at Stanford's pro day: At 6-3 and 221 pounds, Owusu ran back-to-back sub-4.4-second 40-yard dashes and posted a vertical of 40 1/2 inches,
Physical specimen with hardly any stats.. 1 insane highlight catch, but that's about it. Wonder why he didn't get much usage?
My draft crushes are Corey Davis, mike Williams and S Thomas.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Josh Reynolds

or

Jamari Staples

We need a redzone threat which means size. Don't have anyone on the roster with that. We have added speed with Goodwin and all around play with Garcon. Kerley adds a security option.

We have no redzone threat.
Ricky Seals-Jones as a red zone target in the later rounds, tough to matchup with him.
Share 49ersWebzone