LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

2017 Wide Receivers

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by FL9er:
The wideout from Washington has been talked up by scouts.

I think he has had knee issues in the past and is finally healthy. Putting up big numbers. Sounds like someone Trent would be interested in.

You talking about Ross?

SPEED.

ross would be a good pick for top of 2nd if hes still there
Originally posted by Jcool:
Malachi Dupre (LSU): 5 catches for 123 yards with 7 minutes before the half. Listed at 6-4 & 195lbs.

Would love to have him on the 49ers
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Malachi Dupre (LSU): 5 catches for 123 yards with 7 minutes before the half. Listed at 6-4 & 195lbs.

I like him but bad QB play has really hurt him and Dural. He also needs to add about 10lbs tone able to win at the next level. He's skinny as crap right now

he can catch though

His stock plummeted this year (as I thought it should). He was being talked about as a top-40 player before, and now I don't see him in a lot of 3-round mocks.

Now that his stock is lower, I could entertain drafting him. But he's had huge drop problems in the past; his drop rate from the previous 2 seasons was 19.3%.

https://twitter.com/CFBFilmRoom/status/776035318780661760

He's a horrible blocker BTW. Really bad. No core strength.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 6, 2017 at 7:37 PM ]
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline hears that while training with Clemson WR Mike Williams and Western Michigan WR Corey Davis, USC WR Darreus Rogers has "looked the equal" of those two first-rounders to-be.

This has particularly been the case during pass-catching drills, where Pauline reports that Rogers was "oftentimes the best receiver of the three when the trio worked together." The analyst adds that the true concern with the 6-foot-1, 215-pound Rogers is in his top-end speed. "My suggestion: don't automatically dismiss Rogers if he's not swift during the [C]ombine and pay attention to his pass-catching workout," Pauline concludes. Rogers could find interest in the later rounds on Day 3 of the draft.

Source: Draft Analyst
lol draft analysts say Rogers is equal to first rounders, and then that he will be a day 3 pick
  • bors
  • Veteran
I remember a receiver for us who Was knocked for his lack of top and speed.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bors:
I remember a receiver for us who Was knocked for his lack of top and speed.

JJ Stokes?
This year's WR class has been pretty disappointing so far. After the top 5 (Who I'd say are Williams, Davis, Ross, Cupp, and Westbrook right now), not many others have been all that impressive.

Outside of the top 5 on my list, Chris Godwin has piqued my interest. It's still early in the film review process for me, but my first impression watching him is that this guy looks like he may have the tools to be something.

I wish Noah Brown had stayed in school. I see some things I like; He's a guy that showed some flashes, but there's so little to go off of, it's a big gamble to take him in the middle rounds, which is where he'll probably go.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline hears that while training with Clemson WR Mike Williams and Western Michigan WR Corey Davis, USC WR Darreus Rogers has "looked the equal" of those two first-rounders to-be.

This has particularly been the case during pass-catching drills, where Pauline reports that Rogers was "oftentimes the best receiver of the three when the trio worked together." The analyst adds that the true concern with the 6-foot-1, 215-pound Rogers is in his top-end speed. "My suggestion: don't automatically dismiss Rogers if he's not swift during the [C]ombine and pay attention to his pass-catching workout," Pauline concludes. Rogers could find interest in the later rounds on Day 3 of the draft.

Source: Draft Analyst

"These three guys look exactly the same in shorts."
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This year's WR class has been pretty disappointing so far. After the top 5 (Who I'd say are Williams, Davis, Ross, Cupp, and Westbrook right now), not many others have been all that impressive.

Outside of the top 5 on my list, Chris Godwin has piqued my interest. It's still early in the film review process for me, but my first impression watching him is that this guy looks like he may have the tools to be something.

I wish Noah Brown had stayed in school. I see some things I like; He's a guy that showed some flashes, but there's so little to go off of, it's a big gamble to take him in the middle rounds, which is where he'll probably go.

I like Ryan Switzer, Carlos Henderson, Amba Etta-Tawo and Chad Williams as later round WR's.

• HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by jerseyniner49:

JOSH GORDON COMPARISON WITHOUT THE OFF FIELD ISSUES

Big fan of him. Just not sure if he comes out this year

Was really hoping this kid would declare for the draft.

T.O. 2.0
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2017/02/15/2017-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings-where-mike-williams-corey-davis-john-ross-stand/97910988/

Ranking NFL Draft WR Prospects:
SI.com: Western Michigan's Corey Davis No. 1, Clemson's Mike Williams No. 2, Washington's John Ross No. 3, Eastern Washington's Cooper Kupp ​No. 4, USC's JuJu Smith-Schuster No. 5
CBS Sports: Williams No. 1, Davis No. 2, Ross No. 3, Ohio State's Curtis Samuel No. 4, Oklahoma's Dede Westbrook No. 5
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/2/17/14654710/carson-wentz-2017-nfl-draft-eagles-cooper-kupp-wide-receiver-prospects-chad-hansen

"Cooper Kupp probably will not be a number one receiver in the NFL. The questions about his ability to play on the outside may limit his production ceiling, but his ability in the slot will make him a very viable NFL player. Assuming his flashes as a route runner become more consistent as he asked to do more in the NFL, he will be an immediate contributor. His age hurts the life of his career, but getting a pro-ready option in an offense on a rookie deal is money well spent. For the Eagles, he does not meet the need for a true number one, but he could be a significant upgrade over at least one of the current starters. Considering his age, taking him on day one would be a mistake; however, he would immediately be of great value on day two of the draft, and would start making a positive impact almost immediately."
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by jerseyniner49:

JOSH GORDON COMPARISON WITHOUT THE OFF FIELD ISSUES

Big fan of him. Just not sure if he comes out this year

Was really hoping this kid would declare for the draft.

T.O. 2.0

There's always next year, considering we are likely to lose a lot of games again next season. In my head I can't help but think -- or rather, know -- what people would say if we (traded down and) took a receiver in the 1st, and then took another WR in the 1st in 2018 too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I like Ryan Switzer, Carlos Henderson, Amba Etta-Tawo and Chad Williams as later round WR's.

Etta-Tawo is a polarizing prospect. Scouts have him anywhere from the late 3rd to the 7th on their board, which I understand because could easily get the "one-year wonder" label. That's not to say he hasn't made plays -- there's a lot he does well and he reportedly had a good Senior Bowl week against top tier competition. I haven't fully locked down a grade on him yet, but in comparison to another player who was a very underrated prospect when he came out, Allen Hurns, I think Hurns was a better prospect. I gave Hurns a 3rd round grade because he did the important things needed at the NFL level -- separate/beat press, catch well, and block well. Didn't care that his timed numbers weren't great. On tape, he had all the tools.
Share 49ersWebzone