Nice prospect there. Decent video also there
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice prospect there. Decent video also there

Looking forward to how he progresses
[ Edited by NorthBay49er on Jul 19, 2016 at 5:21 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Impressive..

I just wish there are times where he'd be under the center..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Impressive..

I just wish there are times where he'd be under the center..

Not at all necessary for Chip's offense.
He has some tools. He's able to get the ball to the sideline with some zip, which means he has good arm strength, but he occasionally had trouble fitting the ball into some tight windows on slant/curls, which usually means a guy doesn't have great arm strength. I'd like to see better consistency there, in his pocket awareness, and in his willingness to let the ball go when the throw is there (too much patting in the KSU video, IMO). He's a guy who could develop this season.
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB Jul 20

#OKState QB Mason Rudolph told me he played from under center about 15% of the time last year. He expects it may be up to 20-25% this year.
From Pro Football Focus

Best deep passer: Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State

While Rudolph didn't have the top adjusted completion percentage on deep throws (20+ yards in the air) among returning Big 12 quarterbacks, he finished with the second-best mark at 57.3 percent. The reason he gets the nod over the man ahead of him (Texas' Jerrod Heard) is because Rudolph threw 89 deep throws (to Heard's 32) and his 1425 yards gained led the conference. He threw 13 touchdowns and had a combined +28.0 grade on deep throws.

Most accurate QB under pressure: Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

Rudolph had a 64.1 percent adjusted completion rate when under pressure, which was the highest mark among returning quarterbacks. He was also sacked a mere 22.8 percent of the times that he was pressured, which was a top-four number. His yards per attempt actually rose from 8.6 to 9.4 when he was under pressure and he posted a +5.0 grade on those throws.
Watching OSU last year due to Ogbah and Jakeem Grant, I really liked what I saw from Mason Rudolph. Here's a report from Eric Galko:
http://optimumscouting.com/draft/mason-rudolph-ryan-tannehill-comparison-and-why-he-may-emerge-as-a-top-2017-nfl-draft-pick.html
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hopefully the kid builds on this past year. It could very well be Josh Rosen and Mason Rudolph as the #1 and #2 top QB's in the 2018 draft.

I love his pocket his pocket awareness and stands tall in the pocket delivering deep passes. He looks good in those Youtube clips but how does he look on actual drives?? I

Getting a lot of buzz on draft twitter. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets into the Top 5 discussion after rise of Goff/Wentz.

What do you guys think of Max Browne (USC) Ryan Burns (Stanford), Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech), and Leidner (Minnesota)?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Getting a lot of buzz on draft twitter. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets into the Top 5 discussion after rise of Goff/Wentz.

What do you guys think of Max Browne (USC) Ryan Burns (Stanford), Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech), and Leidner (Minnesota)?

Re: Max Browne, prototypical QB but good receivers help cover up the fact that he likes to stare down his receivers. We shall see with what Browne produces, very little sample size from his college play so we'll have to wait and see.

Re: Ryan Burns, another prototypical QB 6'5" 220 pounds, strong arm, not afraid to stay in the pocket but can also throw on the run. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a 49er. I gotta see how he does vs. UCLA, UTAH, USC and most of all Notre Dame. Reminds me a lot like Carson Wentz from his high school games. Again like Max Browne, he has little to no college experience only attempting one pass it's a wait and see process.

Re: Patrick Mahomes, average size 6'2" 220 pounds, mobile gun slinger, strong arm, nice touch on his deep ball. Looks a little like Kap (on the field that is) and I'd much rather they stay away from these type of QB's., I'm not saying he's not good it's just that I don't prefer marathon QB's.

Re: Mitch Leidner, decent size 6'3" 230, another one of those QB's who likes to take off, when I watch him I think of Shaun Hill.

If I had to choose from this bunch I'd probably go with Ryan Burns.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Re: Max Browne, prototypical QB but good receivers help cover up the fact that he likes to stare down his receivers. We shall see with what Browne produces, very little sample size from his college play so we'll have to wait and see.

Re: Ryan Burns, another prototypical QB 6'5" 220 pounds, strong arm, not afraid to stay in the pocket but can also throw on the run. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a 49er. I gotta see how he does vs. UCLA, UTAH, USC and most of all Notre Dame. Reminds me a lot like Carson Wentz from his high school games. Again like Max Browne, he has little to no college experience only attempting one pass it's a wait and see process.

Re: Patrick Mahomes, average size 6'2" 220 pounds, mobile gun slinger, strong arm, nice touch on his deep ball. Looks a little like Kap (on the field that is) and I'd much rather they stay away from these type of QB's., I'm not saying he's not good it's just that I don't prefer marathon QB's.

Re: Mitch Leidner, decent size 6'3" 230, another one of those QB's who likes to take off, when I watch him I think of Shaun Hill.

If I had to choose from this bunch I'd probably go with Ryan Burns.

I'm thinking outside the box for QB candidates. Sanchez only had 1 year starting before getting picked Top 5. Wentz had a small # of starts too. Burns instantly came up, because I saw he beat out Keller Chryst (another guy I was targeting).

Falk, Browne, Burns, Webb 4 good Pac-12 prospects who could be in 2017 class. Browning and Rosen 2018 at earliest.
I like his quick release
Kyle FredricksonVerified account ‏@kylefredrickson Sep 17

Mason Rudolph has broken the #OKstate record for passing yards in a half (361 and counting)
Share 49ersWebzone