LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

Brad Kaaya - QB Miami

Gotta draft Kaaya in the 4th round
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm thinking high quality backup that can win some games if he is protected. Dallas should draft him lol.
not a bad idea for them
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I'm thinking high quality backup that can win some games if he is protected. Dallas should draft him lol.
not a bad idea for them

It really isn't. He's the kind of guy where if your starter goes down and if you have quality protection, you can salvage your season.
9. BRAD KAAYA, Miami (6-4, 216, no 40, 4-5): Third-year junior started all 38 games (22-16). "He's OK," said one scout. "It sets me back when the coaches are excited he's leavin'." Finished as the Hurricanes' all-time leading passer. Completed 60.6% for a rating of 98.5. "He's a mystery guy," another scout said. "Extremely talented but it looks like he's got dead eyes. He's like Carson Palmer. I see a guy who holds the ball. Against Virginia Tech he got sacked eight times. Their offensive line wasn't that bad." Two-time team MVP with a QB-leading Wonderlic of 34. "Hasn't run the 40," said a third scout. "Said he had a turf toe at pro day. I get the creeps about that kid. He doesn't extend a lot of plays and he's not going to hurt you with creativity." From Los Angeles.

It really isn't. He's the kind of guy where if your starter goes down and if you have quality protection, you can salvage your season.

He would be a great addition by Dallas as a late roubd pick with the protection they can offer him.
I see us drafting 2 qbs and i see him being one of em.
Where okay with him going to another team where he could flourish into a better QB than prescott(might take 4 years) but we don't want him here to possibly do the same, sounds smart lol.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

not with that offensive line.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

not with that offensive line.

Zuttah and Juice can make a pretty solid difference in what was already not a bad pass pro oline. Brown and Garnett will be better as well.
Released by the Panthers.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
Released by the Panthers.

Bust.
Originally posted by jcs:
Bust.

Hard to call a 6th round pick a bust. They don't really bust. If they manage to hang around on an NFL roster then they are actually exceeding expectations when you consider how many guys taken in the 6th round are completely out of the league in a couple years.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like him not a top 3 pick though

Liked Kaaya (who I said was worse than Lynch, whom I disliked) but still talks a bunch of s**t about Trubisky.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 17, 2017 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like him not a top 3 pick though

Liked Kaaya (who I said was worse than Lynch, whom I disliked) but still talks a bunch of s**t about Trubisky.

Holy s**t you don't have much going on in your life eh? I never proclaimed to be a GM guru...you're the one trying to stroke your own ego in here not me.

Love how you pick out certain comments and don't read everything....I never said kayaa was gonna be great you said cook would be
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jcs:
Bust.

Hard to call a 6th round pick a bust. They don't really bust. If they manage to hang around on an NFL roster then they are actually exceeding expectations when you consider how many guys taken in the 6th round are completely out of the league in a couple years.

Looks like I had him marked down as a 6th-7th rounder pre-draft. I made a few notes that he rarely made NFL-quality throws with a slow release. Not a good combo.
Share 49ersWebzone