There are 282 users in the forums

Brad Kaaya - QB Miami

Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
niners should draft him in the 3rd round

Nothing says success like a QB who wets his pants anytime a pass rusher gets near him.

Not many qbs to pick from. He looks decent when not pressured lol

Isn't that most QBs?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Isn't that most QBs?

No. There are QBs that thrive against pressure such as when they are blitzed, QBs that are decent, QBs that struggle and then there is Brad Kaaya.
Isn't that most QBs?

No. There are QBs that thrive against pressure such as when they are blitzed, QBs that are decent, QBs that struggle and then there is Brad Kaaya.
I mean, don't most QBs look pretty decent when they aren't pressured? Think of many of the scrubs that put up huge numbers against us in the last two years because of the limited pressure they faced from our defense.

To me, saying a QB looks good when not pressured is like saying a running back looks good when the O-line is opening holes like the 90s Cowboys O-line.
Isn't that most QBs?

I mean, don't most QBs look pretty decent when they aren't pressured? Think of many of the scrubs that put up huge numbers against us in the last two years because of the limited pressure they faced from our defense.

To me, saying a QB looks good when not pressured is like saying a running back looks good when the O-line is opening holes like the 90s Cowboys O-line.

Kayaa looks like a first round QB with a clean pocket. The difference is far more drastic then any other QB in the draft.

Once again, huge difference. Kaaya looks like a pretty good pocket passer when not pressured, when pressured he struggles tremendously even in comparison to his immediate peers.

Trubisky, Watson and Kaaya all completed over 60% of their passes this past season.

Under pressure, Trubisky and Watson still completed over 60% of their passes. Kaaya completed less than 34%. That is the difference.

Every QB will have to find ways to deal with and succeed against pressure in the NFL. That Kaaya struggled so much with it in college does not portend good things for his NFL career.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 13, 2017 at 7:53 AM ]
Once again, huge difference. Kaaya looks like a pretty good pocket passer when not pressured, when pressured he struggles tremendously even in comparison to his immediate peers.

Trubisky, Watson and Kaaya all completed over 60% of their passes this past season.

Under pressure, Trubisky and Watson still completed over 60% of their passes. Kaaya completed less than 34%. That is the difference.

Every QB will have to find ways to deal with and succeed against pressure in the NFL. That Kaaya struggled so much with it in college does not portend good things for his NFL career.

Have to take in consideration other factors as well... like the systems they play in and the players around them. Not excusing Kaaya for wilting under pressure some or most of that is definitely on him, but there are other mitigating factors involved. I think he and Peterman end up being better pro Qbs than they were in college. Their anticipation and field reading is excellent, plus they have a head start operating out of pro style systems.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Kayaa looks like a first round QB with a clean pocket. The difference is far more drastic then any other QB in the draft.

I agree. If he can get with the right coaches and settle down, he could be a steal. I'd take him in the 3rd if he lasts that long.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Mar 16, 2017 at 5:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

I agree. If he can get with the right coaches and settle down, he could be a steal. I'd take him in the 3rd if he lasts that long.

I see him lasting until the 5th...dude simply can't handle pressure
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I doubt it. That would be even better for us or whoever picks him, could be better for him too.

I doubt it. That would be even better for us or whoever picks him, could be better for him too.

None of these qbs are top talent and will get pushed down thus pushing the second tier of guys down...there's just too much talent at other positions. Remember when cook was supposed to be a low 1st-2nd rd pick? I expect the same thing to happen with kaaya, he should have stayed a extra yr.

None of these qbs are top talent and will get pushed down thus pushing the second tier of guys down...there's just too much talent at other positions. Remember when cook was supposed to be a low 1st-2nd rd pick? I expect the same thing to happen with kaaya, he should have stayed a extra yr.

Everybody except for Watson and Trubisky should have stayed.. Watson because his stock can't get any higher(nothing left to prove on the college level) and Trubisky stock is at it's peak, so why expose himself.
It doesn't matter where the second tier guys fall, usually puts them in a better position to succeed. I think a lot of the guys came out early because of the guys coming out next year are better. So why not get paid to learn how to be an NFL qb in the NFL? As long as these guys aren't rushed I think most of them will be solid players.
Everybody except for Watson and Trubisky should have stayed.. Watson because his stock can't get any higher(nothing left to prove on the college level) and Trubisky stock is at it's peak, so why expose himself.
It doesn't matter where the second tier guys fall, usually puts them in a better position to succeed. I think a lot of the guys came out early because of the guys coming out next year are better. So why not get paid to learn how to be an NFL qb in the NFL? As long as these guys aren't rushed I think most of them will be solid players.

True...if the guys coming out are gonna be better next yr I'm fine with waiting for them or Kirk. I'm not burning a top 100 pick on this kid at all. The film simply isn't there.
I'm with Phoenix. Worst thing a QB can do is chit himself under pressure.

I guess it's possible that he gets over that but he would be like .001% of people who go from having issues with that in college and somehow get over it in the NFL where the competition is bigger, better, faster and stronger.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'm with Phoenix. Worst thing a QB can do is chit himself under pressure.

I guess it's possible that he gets over that but he would be like .001% of people who go from having issues with that in college and somehow get over it in the NFL where the competition is bigger, better, faster and stronger.

The worst things a qb can do is throw it to the wrong team, throw it short of the sticks on third down, or throw the ball out of bounds on 4th down... I do agree fixing what a qb does under pressure is the hardest thing to fix.
Bump. Watched the Gruden thing with him yesterday. They talked about how his mom was Felicia in Friday. Yes, "Bye, Felicia" Felicia. Lol.

Share 49ersWebzone