LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Adoree Jackson - CB USC

I did a quick search & couldn't find a thread... I love this guy as much as Myles Garrett.

He is such a naturally gifted athlete. I hate to say it, but this may be as close as we get to another Primetime.

Thoughts?

Looks like great prospect however I don't think we will get him because we drafted 3 new dbs...other than that he reminds me Devin Hester more than Devon Sanders....
I only see value in him if he can play a position and be great or solid at it if not...I don't see why we take him but let's see how good of a season he has will keep a eye out on thanks for the heads up
Originally posted by jonjt49:
Looks like great prospect however I don't think we will get him because we drafted 3 new dbs...other than that he reminds me Devin Hester more than Devon Sanders....
I only see value in him if he can play a position and be great or solid at it if not...I don't see why we take him but let's see how good of a season he has will keep a eye out on thanks for the heads up

I don't know about that. We were loaded with DBs but still picked up 3 more this draft. So you never know.
I love this prospect, he has a shot at a sub 4.35 40 time. One of the best athletes
Originally posted by jonjt49:

Who is Devon Sanders?
Originally posted by English:
Who is Devon Sanders?

http://247sports.com/player/devon-sanders-22939

Your welcome
Good corner, great athlete.
Next year is going to be stacked with defensive backs after we just loaded up....
Depending on the type of year he has & where we pick? It could be a situation of him being the best player available on the board.
(I'd personally like to see a few more Ints, from him this upcoming season... But it's not essential)

Dude is a freak though, no doubt.
ADOREE' JACKSON VS. CHARLES WOODSON

Here is how CB-WR-RET Adoree' Jackson's 2014 freshman year statistics compare to the last 3-way player to win the Heisman Trophy, 1997 winner Charles Woodson (CB-WR-RET) of Michigan:

Adoree' Jackson, 2014, Freshman:
49 tac, 4 for loss, 10 dfl
10 rec, 138 yds (13.8 avg), 3 TD
23 KOR, 684 yds (29.7 avg), 2 TD

Adoree' Jackson, 2015, Sophomore:
35 tac, 1 int for TD, 8 dfl, 1 FF
27 rec, 414 yds (15.3 avg), 2 TD
30 KOR, 690 yds (23.0 avg)
24 PR, 251 yds (10.5 avg), 2 TD
7 tcb, 36 yds (5.1 avg)

Charles Woodson, 1997 (Heisman Trophy), Junior:
44 tac, 5 for loss, 9 dfl, 8 int
12 rec, 238 yds (19.8 avg), 2 TD
36 PR, 301 yds (8.4 avg), 1 TD
^^ Comparison from the Trojans website...
http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/adoree_jackson_908769.html

I see he won back to back Pac-12 titles in the Long Jump. (There was talk about him being a LJ Olympic hopeful)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^ Update on Olympic status ^^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adoree' Jackson fails to qualify for Olympic trials at NCAA finals

USC cornerback Adoree' Jackson came up short in his bid Wednesday to qualify in the long jump for next month's U.S. Olympic trials.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He also recently ran a PB 10.38 100m Legal... (And a 10.35 wind assist).
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Jun 9, 2016 at 12:24 PM ]
we wont need him , Redmond and Robinson will ball out and cement their spots on the team for seasons to come

• kray28
  • Veteran
As a USC fan, I can tell you that Adoree is a tad bit overrated, While he's a tremendous athlete, and close to unstoppable in open space, he's also average at best as a cover corner, and gets outphysicalled by many of the larger PAC-12 receivers out there. He's a jack of all trades, master of none (other than being the fastest guy on the team of course).
Originally posted by kray28:
As a USC fan, I can tell you that Adoree is a tad bit overrated, While he's a tremendous athlete, and close to unstoppable in open space, he's also average at best as a cover corner, and gets outphysicalled by many of the larger PAC-12 receivers out there. He's a jack of all trades, master of none (other than being the fastest guy on the team of course).

I agree with some of the above & I'd like to see him take it to another level this year, because he has the potential to do things not may others can... Hence the dreaded Deion comparison.

I know he wants to be a dual sport athlete, but tbh this may be holding him back a little.
"Jackson, one of the top talents in college football, didn't participate in spring football practice as he focused on track full-time."
I haven't had a chance to see much USC football in 2016... So I was wondering if somebody could give me an eyewitness account of how Adoree has been playing this season?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Don't play in meaningless bowl games, kids.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Don't play in meaningless bowl games, kids.

Thankfully just an ankle sprain.
Share 49ersWebzone