There are 184 users in the forums

2017-Draft Running Backs

Originally posted by Heroism:
Sofa, are you an alternate version of me in a parallel universe? Hunt and Mcguire is the exact combo I have atop my wishlist. Hunt carries bulk of the load with Hyde, and McGuire plays the James White passing-down receiving threat out of the backfield.

Haha..great minds think alike! I think we're looking for the exact same qualities among this RB class. As you mentioned, Hunt as a mid-round option who can carry the load if need be, and McGuire as the passing down back. We'd get great value with those 2 players, perfect combo.

Also another 6th-7th rd option could be TJ Logan, the kid from North Carolina. Consistent 4 year production . Can run, receive, and return kickoffs.
I'm most curious about James Conner. I really liked how he looked and he developed as a receiver. He may not be 100% until 2018
I'm glad Kareem Hunt is in the discussion now. I liked him alot before the Senior bowl as a sleeper.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 17, 2017 at 4:01 AM ]
This draft is almost perfect for our needs, except the qb positon. Shanahan loves rbs and this is one of the deepest in years in terms of prospects.
The best all around back in this draft in my eyes and we the 49ers could get great value on this back is Mighty Joe Mixon. Listen I know the kid has baggage but I have had the privilege to watch him grow not only as a football player but as a Man ... great guy who gave a lot of time to the Oklahoma community. I say we draft this guy
Take Fournette at #2 and call it a day. We will regret it if we don't.
Originally posted by 49erchuc:
The best all around back in this draft in my eyes and we the 49ers could get great value on this back is Mighty Joe Mixon. Listen I know the kid has baggage but I have had the privilege to watch him grow not only as a football player but as a Man ... great guy who gave a lot of time to the Oklahoma community. I say we draft this guy

That you Joe? LOL Grow as a man. What a f**king joke.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I have K.Hunt on my mock draft, day 3 pick, great vision, knows how to follow blocks, catches the ball well too

In free agency i like the idea of bringing back Harris, or signing Hillman as the scat back

we can call the group "H-backs"
De'Angelo Henderson is my late round favorite this year. Highly productive back out of Coastal Carolina, like what Ive seen from him.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 23, 2017 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Utah RB Joe Williams is running in the 4.3s or high 4.2s during Combine training, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

The times have all been by hand, but it goes to show that Williams will likely test fast. The former Utah ball carrier is a very interesting story, electing to quit football early in the year to heal from injuries before later rejoining the team and serving as the primary running back. He attended the East West Shrine Game.
Joe Williams trying to fill Booker's shoes in Utah offense By JOHN COON

— Aug. 4, 2016 5:52 PM EDT

Once Joe Williams turns on his full speed, few people have a realistic chance of keeping up with the Utah running back.

Williams hammered that point home during the spring. He blew away all other returning Utes players in the 40-yard dash, clocking in at 4.35 seconds

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/joe-williams-trying-fill-bookers-shoes-utah-offense

(Curtis Samuel) 5-11 200 (4.4) speed 2ND round
( Samaje Perine )5-11 237 tough runner. 4TH round
(Freddie Stevenson) 6-0 240 FULLBACK. 5TH round
[ Edited by 530Marysville49er on Feb 25, 2017 at 1:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

De'Angelo Henderson is my late round favorite this year. Highly productive back out of Coastal Carolina, like what Ive seen from him.

I've been watching this guy today. He's a very nice player. Reminds me a little of Giovani Bernard. I like! I want!
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 27, 2017 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I've been watching this guy today. He's a very nice player. Reminds me a little of Giovani Bernard. I like! I want!

I'd love to see the 49ers walk out of the draft with two RB's, have a nice three-headed attack along with Hyde.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
i hope we dont touch a RB before the 4th. Unless someone slips a round past where they should. As in Fournette or Cook in the 2nd. McCafferey in the 3rd.

Other than that 4th round or later

Alvin Kamara Tennennessee
D'Onta Foreman Texas
Taquan Mizzell Virginia
TJ Logan UNC
Devine Redding Indiana
DeVeon Smith Michigan
Joe Williams Utah
Anthony Wales Western Kentucky
Stanley Williams Kentucky
Alvin karmara or D onta foreman won't might it out of the 2nd round. Would love Curtis Samuels or karmara in the 2nd for the niners. Speed and good catching out the back field.
Share 49ersWebzone