LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

2017-Draft Running Backs

• Rascal
  • Veteran
I am watching the Big 10 Championship Game here, hey this Wisconsin RB Shaw looks pretty darn good to me, anyone has any lowdown on the guy?
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Samaje Perine Is having a great game today

He had a great game. I'd still take Joe Mixon over him in a heartbeat. That's dude a beast.

Yeah. Almost no one punches a woman like he can.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

He had a great game. I'd still take Joe Mixon over him in a heartbeat. That's dude a beast.

Exactly.

Exactly.

If/when the tape becomes public (pending possible appeal), I would imagine it has the same effect as the Ray Rice video. Reading about violence against a woman is one thing, seeing it is completely different.

Draft stock will plummet and he may never be given a chance.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
I love me some cook great all around back

This

I think Dalvin will be the best back coming out.
Originally posted by Tman:
I love me some cook great all around back

This

I think Dalvin will be the best back coming out.

Fournette
Boise State junior RB Jeremy McNichols will forego his final season of collegiate eligibility to declare for the 2017 NFL Draft.

FOX Sports' Bruce Feldman reported that McNichols would take the plunge earlier on Monday. The Boise State star made it official via a lengthy Twitter post later in the day. This past season, the 5-foot-9, 205-pound junior rushed for 1,663 yards and 23 touchdowns over the course of 12 games played. McNichols could potentially land as a Day 2 pick when all is said and done.

I like watching this kid run the ball
Boise State junior RB Jeremy McNichols will forego his final season of collegiate eligibility to declare for the 2017 NFL Draft.

FOX Sports' Bruce Feldman reported that McNichols would take the plunge earlier on Monday. The Boise State star made it official via a lengthy Twitter post later in the day. This past season, the 5-foot-9, 205-pound junior rushed for 1,663 yards and 23 touchdowns over the course of 12 games played. McNichols could potentially land as a Day 2 pick when all is said and done.

I like watching this kid run the ball

How are his hands and abilities as a blocker?
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Exactly.

If/when the tape becomes public (pending possible appeal), I would imagine it has the same effect as the Ray Rice video. Reading about violence against a woman is one thing, seeing it is completely different.

Draft stock will plummet and he may never be given a chance.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
How are his hands and abilities as a blocker?

Three down RB who can catch the ball (avg 450 yards as a starter)...he's got a little McCoy in him

Him and Gallman are some of the great value picks at RB in day two of the draft.

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Isn't Forunette supposed to be Jesus in cleats? (I don't follow college)

Yes - breaks a ton of tackles (3x as many as Derrick Henry last year) and has home run speed. He's the best RB prospect to come out since Peterson and it isn't particularly close. Still not the best prospect in the class with Watson and Garrett coming out, but he would have been the #1 pick in 2015.

Fournette is like Mike Alstott with 4.4 speed. Monster in the open field, just an absolute freight train. If we can land an extra pick within the first three rounds, we would be wise to add a potentially star runner. We could have a good combo to go with Hyde -- something like the Panthers had back when they had both Williams and Stewart.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Isn't Forunette supposed to be Jesus in cleats? (I don't follow college)

Yes - breaks a ton of tackles (3x as many as Derrick Henry last year) and has home run speed. He's the best RB prospect to come out since Peterson and it isn't particularly close. Still not the best prospect in the class with Watson and Garrett coming out, but he would have been the #1 pick in 2015.

Fournette is like Mike Alstott with 4.4 speed. Monster in the open field, just an absolute freight train. If we can land an extra pick within the first three rounds, we would be wise to add a potentially star runner. We could have a good combo to go with Hyde -- something like the Panthers had back when they had both Williams and Stewart.

Sucks that Fournette and Garrett have been hurt this year and Watson hasn't looked great. Thought a top 3 pick in 2017 would be more valuable a year ago.

Fournette when healthy is a monster, but #2 is probably too high to pick a RB with injury concerns especially when we have a good RB on our roster already and a ton of needs. Even if we trade back, I can't see us targeting this guy.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

100% we are going to need that if we're breaking in a new QB.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Sucks that Fournette and Garrett have been hurt this year and Watson hasn't looked great. Thought a top 3 pick in 2017 would be more valuable a year ago.

Fournette when healthy is a monster, but #2 is probably too high to pick a RB with injury concerns especially when we have a good RB on our roster already and a ton of needs. Even if we trade back, I can't see us targeting this guy.

I agree -- but with a new GM all bets are off. No way to predict.

Agreed, while fournette is a man child I don't even think he was miles away better than Guice. This draft is so stocked at RB and we have so many other more important positions that we can go to PLUS still a very good RB with one of our million draft picks lol.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 27, 2016 at 10:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone