LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Kipers 2017 Qb's List

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
The Next great QB will be McCaffery coming from Michigan.

1) This. Rosen IMHO grades out similar to Andrew Luck.
2) As an extremly biased Ohio State fan, I have Barrett above all underclassmen except Watson. I've had a huge boner for him since his first season because a) even as a freshman he would go through all his progressions/reads, sometimes hitting his 4th or 5th option, and b) he throws with anticipation, which is very hard to teach and something college players rarely do. He's a little small and has average arm strength though. I'd say 2nd round.
[ Edited by TheRambler on May 25, 2016 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
A QB Kipe didn't have on his list is JR QB Mason Rudolph Ok. State.

Only 20 years old, so it's a little early to criticize his lack of arm strength (it should get better). His footwork, release, quickness to get rid of the ball, etc. seem pretty average at this point. But the one thing that stands out about him is long-range accuracy. Like Alex Smith, he's good at dropping the ball in the right spot on a "rainbow" pass (where he doesn't need "zip" but just has to place it in the right spot).

If he comes out after his Jr. season, he could be one of those QBs who has people kicking themselves for passing on just on potential (like Aaron Rodgers). He could also be the next Teddy Bridgewater, but time will tell. This loaf isn't baked yet.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for him and stats.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
A QB Kipe didn't have on his list is JR QB Mason Rudolph Ok. State.

Only 20 years old, so it's a little early to criticize his lack of arm strength (it should get better). His footwork, release, quickness to get rid of the ball, etc. seem pretty average at this point. But the one thing that stands out about him is long-range accuracy. Like Alex Smith, he's good at dropping the ball in the right spot on a "rainbow" pass (where he doesn't need "zip" but just has to place it in the right spot).

If he comes out after his Jr. season, he could be one of those QBs who has people kicking themselves for passing on just on potential (like Aaron Rodgers). He could also be the next Teddy Bridgewater, but time will tell. This loaf isn't baked yet.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for him and stats.

Random note:

The play-by-play guy at this game called him "Jason Rudolph."

At least get the QB's name right at the game you're calling. Sounded familiar, but I couldn't tell who it was:

[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 25, 2016 at 10:10 PM ]
More on Mason Rudolph:

I would be SHOCKED if this guy came out early as a junior, unfortunately. Hoping for as many potential starters as possible for the 2017 draft. Niners need a QB now. The dude looks like he can't even grow facial hair yet. Granted, this was 7 months ago:

[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 25, 2016 at 10:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone