LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey--Stanford

McCaffrey is way faster than 4.5, he also can do way more than just run the football. He may be best used in the NFL as a Marshall Faulk type of back where he would spend a lot of time in the slot. I actually see him as a WR more than a RB at the next level, as I am sure his dad has taught him how to run routes and catch the football. He would be deadly in the slot, as I cannot see him running powers in between the tackles.

He is blistering fast, with all of the intangibles to succeed at the next level. My only questions about him would be his ability to block (blitz pick-up) since Stanford puts extra linemen on the field to block instead of using RB's in this role.

Can you imagine this kid on the Patriots, Saints, Packers, Panthers, or here with Chip Kelly if Chips offense actually works? I see more Marshall Faulk than Sproles in regards to what he can do on the field.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
1st round? Its certainly possible but not based on what he has done so far in his career. He looks like a 3rd rounder, maybe 2nd rounder right now.

Matt Millers big board:

Where's Garrett, and why is Lawson better than him?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
1st round? Its certainly possible but not based on what he has done so far in his career. He looks like a 3rd rounder, maybe 2nd rounder right now.

Matt Millers big board:

The Ole Miss tape. Both Lawson and Garrett faced Ole Miss and Garrett was very limited in the game and Lawson had a pretty good game. Lawson doesn't have Garretts speed so he does not rely on it and has shown more than exploding past OT. Don't worry by draft time Garrett will be number 1 just draft "gurus" trying to say something bold so if it happens they can say they were right. Plus it gets clicks.

He's not.
I think it was Todd McShay that said in the NFL he will be a slot receiver like Julian Edelman.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by YungAce:
He makes Ezekiel Elliott look like Beanie Wells

Fournette? I think that's taking it a bit far. Elliot is a stud. Almost on Todd Gurley's level of talent (nothing against Fournette of course).

As an OSU fan (so biased), I can say I'd rather have had Elliott than Fournette. Look at their respective production against Alabama. Fournette only had 31 yards, Elliott had over 200. Plus Elliott is the best pass blocking RB in a decade.
[ Edited by TheRambler on May 24, 2016 at 1:19 PM ]

He's not.

While I like Garrett better

Lawson is much more polished
Garrett is an athletic freak
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by YungAce:
He makes Ezekiel Elliott look like Beanie Wells

Fournette? I think that's taking it a bit far. Elliot is a stud. Almost on Todd Gurley's level of talent (nothing against Fournette of course).

As an OSU fan (so biased), I can say I'd rather have had Elliott than Fournette. Look at their respective production against Alabama. Fournette only had 31 yards, Elliott had over 200. Plus Elliott is the best pass blocking RB in a decade.

I'd much rather have four netted but you're right elliot is no slouch

Both are top 5 talent imho

Matt Millers big board:

lol, Matt Miller?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2179063-2015-nfl-draft-matt-millers-pre-season-scouting-notebook

Here he put Brett Hundley at #6. How'd that work out?
Originally posted by TheRambler:

Maybe Elliott is better than Fournette, but to base it off of one common opponent is pretty stupid

Matt Millers big board:

lol, Matt Miller?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2179063-2015-nfl-draft-matt-millers-pre-season-scouting-notebook

Hundley was seen as possible 1 overall into that year he was considered a major disspointment that season
Originally posted by harryj:

Matt Millers big board:

lol, Matt Miller?

Hundley was seen as possible 1 overall into that year he was considered a major disspointment that season

You can look at any pre-season ranking, they wildly inaccurate

McCaffrey being ranked high in the pre-season by Matt Miller doesn't mean much.
Originally posted by harryj:

What??? I didn't see a single human on planet earth say Hundley would go #1 overall. He was consistently seen as a 2nd rounder to 6th rounder (I though he was useless).
It seems reasonable for Christian to put on up to 10 lbs before he graduates...if he can do that, he should be a pretty high draft pick. He's a winner...I live in Colorado Springs and remember him being an absolute baller in high school. That's carried on to major college football, so I'd think he'd be great in a 1-2 RB punch offense.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
I love this kid in college. How do you guys see him do in the NFL?

Being explosive as f**k

Hipe we have the chance to get him
Share 49ersWebzone