LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Charles Harris DE MizzU

Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
So what's his deal?

By the way, you must love Melifonwu and his elite neck length. Have not had the Chicken Dance potential of Merton until now.
So what's his deal?

strong bull rushing guy with some speed. Knows how to use his hands. Doesnt have that edge rusher flexibility though to bend around the OT
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
So what's his deal?

Good edge rusher in a class full of them, his floor in the draft is the Cowboys and will likely go like 10 or so picks sooner

I hope we trade up with our second and land this guy! I can see him tearing up dust at the Leo already. DO IT! 5th year option
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I hope we trade up with our second and land this guy! I can see him tearing up dust at the Leo already. DO IT! 5th year option

At 1st I thought it was cool to trade up to get that 5th year option. But the reality is when you have holes to fill don't worry about that aspect of it. Keep your picks and keep adding players.

Truth of the matter is we haven't exactly hit on anyone that made us so boy I'm glad we have the 5th year at this low price
Originally posted by krizay:

At 1st I thought it was cool to trade up to get that 5th year option. But the reality is when you have holes to fill don't worry about that aspect of it. Keep your picks and keep adding players.

Truth of the matter is we haven't exactly hit on anyone that made us so boy I'm glad we have the 5th year at this low price

Different people selecting players now...
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Mar 7, 2017 at 5:31 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Still doesn't change the fact we have so many holes that trading a pick (s) just for a 5th year option is STUPID! IMO. not only that but I think it's only worth it if you HIT on a QB

Still doesn't change the fact we have so many holes that trading a pick (s) just for a 5th year option is STUPID! IMO. not only that but I think it's only worth it if you HIT on a QB

Elite edge salaries aren't that far off from QB.
This is the DE I want! Absolute perfect fit for the LEO. Problem is he is going to go around 18-25. We will either have to move down to get him or move up from rd 2 to get him.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Elite edge salaries aren't that far off from QB.

yes the top two edge rushers would rank in the top 10 in QB salaries while the 3rd best on down would be bottom 3rd of the QB world.

But again still doesnt change the fact we can fill holes with the extra pick as opposed to trading it away so you can pay another guy a lower amount for 1 extra year.
Man, this guy had a terrible combine. I hope it causes him to slide down draft boards.

I would still love to have him on day 2. The combine results were bad, but the tape says otherwise.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 14, 2017 at 12:47 PM ]

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Weighed in at 249 LBs today at his Pro Day.
An AFC scout present for Missouri's pro day told College Football 24/7 that edge rusher Charles Harris was "damn impressive."

On pro day, Harris retook several of the athletic tests he had previously completed at the Combine (his initial workout in Indianapolis was not noteworthy). Among his results on Thursday, he managed to improve on his vertical leap by a considerable margin, upping the jump from 32 inches to 37.5 inches. An NFL scout who spoke with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Bob McGinn praised him for being "athletic [and] physical." He could potentially hear his name called in the back half of Day 1 come the draft.

hoping he slips to 34th lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:
An AFC scout present for Missouri's pro day told College Football 24/7 that edge rusher Charles Harris was "damn impressive."

On pro day, Harris retook several of the athletic tests he had previously completed at the Combine (his initial workout in Indianapolis was not noteworthy). Among his results on Thursday, he managed to improve on his vertical leap by a considerable margin, upping the jump from 32 inches to 37.5 inches. An NFL scout who spoke with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Bob McGinn praised him for being "athletic [and] physical." He could potentially hear his name called in the back half of Day 1 come the draft.

Draft Thomas, trade up for Harris. Bewm!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

For real! make it happen Lynch
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

For real! make it happen Lynch

Oh my gosh. Do you want Harris for trade up? .. he got 21 bench press.

Check it out on video here.

Dude. We should not trade up for Harris.

Share 49ersWebzone