There are 178 users in the forums

2016 Draft Thoughts + Highlight Video

Whats up guys...

So it's been a week since the draft, and I know a lot of people have already said a lot about the new pool of players so i'll keep this short and sweet.

I Personally loved the Buckner and Garnett picks. It was the best two players I thought we could come away with after the first two rounds. I know many will question the fact that Baalke traded a fourth and a sixth to ensure Garnett, but I think it was the only true run blocking guard they wanted. They were gonna pick him in the 2nd round if he was there regardless and I believe they knew that Seattle was setting their eyes on Garnett.

As far as the run on corners, I think it has everything to do with Jim O'neills scheme. I think We needed a longer press corner and Rashard Robinson was great value there at the 4th. Will Redmond will play nickel and that will eventually allow Ward to play free safety on sub packages once Bethea leaves next season.

We could have a subpackage secondary consisting of Reid, Ward, Redmond, Robinson, and Johnson in the future with Tartt playing linebacker in that package next to Bow. I don't know about you but that sounds good to me.

Ronald Blair. There's not much I can say that anyone hasn't already said. Guy's a stud. Great Value.

Once we get into the fifth and sixth round. I liked the additions of Cooper and Theus along the o-line. The've already bumped Devey off the roster. And they can play both tackle and guard. Great value getting versatile players like that in the fifth.

I think Driskel is a great developmental prospect for Kelly to groom. I'll be honest I didn't really pay much attention to him prior to the draft but now, in retrospect its painfully obvious why they Like Driskel. Dude has the size. Speed. Accurate. His only knock was that he wasn't able to fully put it together while at Florida but he reinvented himself at LA Tech and i think he has the chance to surprise us all in a couple years.

Kelvin Taylor and Aaron Burbridge are two solid guys. They don't dazzle or jump off the screen but the guys play man. when I looked at the receivers taken out of the first couple rounds, I alwasy thought Burbridge was the only one who somewhat provided a skillset that our current set of receivers didn't have. I thought he was guy who could pull in the hard catches along the middle, using his body not his speed to separate a la Anquan Boldin. I think the kid is going to very productive of the get go. Reminds me a lot of Jerricho Cotchery.

As far as Iworah. I see him as a gunner on special teams while he becomes a better corner. I see him very much like an LJ McCray. i see his future with this team going very much in that direction.

And with the UDFA's i really like Cajuste. I think he could be a really good tight-end/h-back in Kelly's system. I like Lenny Jones and Fainaka as OLB prospects. Practice Squad candidates.

Also. I edited this highlight video of all the incoming rookies. Hope you guys enjoy it.

[ Edited by ivanm05 on May 9, 2016 at 8:26 PM ]
I agree with you for the most part. The only pick I hated was when we took Robinson over Booker in round 4. I hated Driskell at Florida I had to go watch some of his film from LT. He looks like a different player. He can make all the throws. He will float the ball if his feet aren't set sometimes. But he looks better than Hackenburg to me.
Ivan, seriously great video man. There was some stuff in there I have never seen before. You did an awesome job. Very kick ass.
Great video man! Props!
Great job on this. The vid was awesome!

I am cautiosly optimistic about our draft. It looks like we got some football players from top to bottom.

My least fav is the DB from LSU. But time will tell.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Nice Video hoping Baalke has drafted 2 pro bowlers from this group
Great video and solid write up
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Dude, awesome
Great video man..Both Taylor and Burbridge could be steals..i love Taylors running style..Frank Gore type in a way..fits through small cracks and has great fast cuts..and as for Burbrigde the kid seriously doesn't drop a pass..and hes strong hard to take down..i can see why a lot try to compare him to Boldin..and last thing is Kendricks verse on that 3rd song is ridiculous lol
Thanks everyone. Glad you guys liked it. Subscribe to my channel.. i'll be putting more vids and edits up soon!

Excellent - First Rate all the way!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Excellent - First Rate all the way!

Thanks Wally! Glad you liked it.
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Jun 16, 2016 at 11:31 AM ]
Sick effort... thanks a lot for that. Will sub. Hopefully everyone we drafted makes at least one pro bowl... :D
Blair is just relentless!! Good work.
Share 49ersWebzone