LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Malachi Dupre WR, LSU

Saw a story on him in an early 2017 mock draft.. He was projected to be going to the 9ers at pick 9. Whats the story on this kid?

Measures 6'3, 187
Mock drafts one year before the draft are always so dumb. The draft order is never close to being correct, and the prospect list mostly changes as the college game gives us new stars, one year wonders, injuries, and player regression.
nice player
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I was just watching the LSU purple and white scrimmage and I would not get excited over this kid so soon..

1st of all, LSU does not have a legit QB, so Dupre should not be getting lots of balls this season..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I was just watching the LSU purple and white scrimmage and I would not get excited over this kid so soon..

1st of all, LSU does not have a legit QB, so Dupre should not be getting lots of balls this season..

Why would he? give it to fournette
add one more E to his last name, then im interested
As an LSU fan, Malachi is definitely on my radar for WR next year. Not the fastest of his class, but dude gets open, has good hands, and is a threat on all levels. His size, catch radius, b-jump, and vertical should impress. I would expect him to be 1st rd worthy on talent alone, but of course, it's a very early projection.
Lots of people like this guy a lot, but I have serious doubts. Red flags go up in my mind whenever I see 6'3 187 to begin with. But I know he's in college & still growing, so it's not like he can't get bigger.

However, I'd be worried that NFL corners would jam this guy at the line very easily. Especially when you see him trying to block:

If this guy doesn't get a lot tougher really fast, I don't think he's going to amount to a whole lot in the NFL. But then again, WR is one of the harder positions for me to evaluate, so you never know.
I watched a few lsu games last year to see leonard fournette and completely forgot dupre was on the field. I like juju outta sc more
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
As an LSU fan, Malachi is definitely on my radar for WR next year. Not the fastest of his class, but dude gets open, has good hands, and is a threat on all levels. His size, catch radius, b-jump, and vertical should impress. I would expect him to be 1st rd worthy on talent alone, but of course, it's a very early projection.

+1... I remember watching Nike Football Camp clips of him, he was just such an effortless athlete even at that age. He reminded me of AJ Green, they are of a similar build as well.

I'd rather have Druval
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

All true, but he's a horrendous blocker and pretty small. Watched a lot of him Fournette runs just to see how he blocked, and it was really, really bad. A couple good blocks, but for the most part, he was thrown aside pretty easily. Doesn't exactly make me confident in his toughness (#15):

[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 27, 2016 at 12:18 AM ]
CFB Film Room ‏@CFBFilmRoom Sep 14

Over the past two seasons, LSU WR Malachi Dupre has a drop rate of 19.3%
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Ouch. Not the greatest blocker but i want a receiver to catch the ball & make plays on the field. Could we get this guy in late 2nd or 3rd round maybe?
[ Edited by tohara3 on Nov 27, 2016 at 4:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone