There are 223 users in the forums

fEAR OF THE DRAFT

• jimrat
  • Veteran
  • eman
  • Veteran
Garnett is a BUST!!!
writing was on the wall!!
jimrat, hope u r sleeping with life size Baalke blow up doll and stroking his hair saying.. "its ok we are all good... we are only few games out of first place"
Originally posted by eman:
Garnett is a BUST!!!
writing was on the wall!!
jimrat, hope u r sleeping with life size Baalke blow up doll and stroking his hair saying.. "its ok we are all good... we are only few games out of first place"

How can you judge someone off of two games? Sounds like your in the wrong profession if you can call someone a bust after two starts
  • eman
  • Veteran
lol... are you serious NYniner85???? lol.. were you not the same one before that was arguing that he would be great because he was the outland winner....

well.. its easy.. you don't need to smell it twice to tell s**t stinks... now if you can't smell it, you are either crazy or delusional
anyone who knows football can tell you that taking half a season to start while being a first round pick and then getting bullied around is a reason for concern..

unless of course you are someone like Baalke and always delusional.. but then again.. how can you judge a GM with only 6 seasons, why don't you give him 15-20 seasons... is that good?? lmao... thats the same delusion that got him thinking he can resurrect sank careers (ala Gabbert, Lattimore)

please lets not argue.. Garnett looks like a whiff
Calling players a bust after a handful of games is ridiculous. And lets keep this thread at a more pleasant level.
lol... are you serious NYniner85???? lol.. were you not the same one before that was arguing that he would be great because he was the outland winner....

well.. its easy.. you don't need to smell it twice to tell s**t stinks... now if you can't smell it, you are either crazy or delusional
anyone who knows football can tell you that taking half a season to start while being a first round pick and then getting bullied around is a reason for concern..

unless of course you are someone like Baalke and always delusional.. but then again.. how can you judge a GM with only 6 seasons, why don't you give him 15-20 seasons... is that good?? lmao... thats the same delusion that got him thinking he can resurrect sank careers (ala Gabbert, Lattimore)

Pretty sure the first pick in the draft hasn't even started a game man...he must suck real bad right? Aron Rogers didn't start for 3 yrs he must blow?

Go look at who's won the Outland Trophy in the past....like I said TWO games man! Awesome if you can judge a player off two games because I can't good or bad.

everyone and their instant gratification ideals, like a bunch of kids that can't be patient.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Pretty sure the first pick in the draft hasn't even started a game man...he must suck real bad right? Aron Rogers didn't start for 3 yrs he must blow?

Go look at who's won the Outland Trophy in the past....like I said TWO games man! Awesome if you can judge a player off two games because I can't good or bad.

everyone and their instant gratification ideals, like a bunch of kids that can't be patient.

I agree that two games does not make a career. You must also concede that it is not good for a start to a career of a 1st round inferior offensive lineman, typically among the least risky positions to draft. It is not encouraging he couldn't make the starting lineup to begin with and it is not positive news that his game action so far has been far below ideal.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I agree that two games does not make a career. You must also concede that it is not good for a start to a career of a 1st round inferior offensive lineman, typically among the least risky positions to draft. It is not encouraging he couldn't make the starting lineup to begin with and it is not positive news that his game action so far has been far below ideal.

gonna have to wait and see. He was one of the best OG in college last yr for a reason.
I don't care who you are off the field. You can be mean and psycho or a total Gentle giant, nerd, geek, transsexual hula-hooper. Just as long as you are Mean and Nasty ON the field. To me it doesn't matter what he wants to be someday or is now asking as they bring it when they step on to the field.
If this conversation were taking place in the middle of the 2019 season and he still is having trouble then you have a point. But in his first season and after only a couple of games you can't judge much when you personally don't know what happens behind closed doors or on real game film. Do you know what every players exact job and route every play to sit there and say well that sackor pressure is totally his fault. I don't and anyone without the playbooks don't know either.
Way too early to criticize anyone drafted this year who just started actually playing.

Originally posted by stonecold590:
If this conversation were taking place in the middle of the 2019 season and he still is having trouble then you have a point. But in his first season and after only a couple of games you can't judge much when you personally don't know what happens behind closed doors or on real game film. Do you know what every players exact job and route every play to sit there and say well that sackor pressure is totally his fault. I don't and anyone without the playbooks don't know either.
Way too early to criticize anyone drafted this year who just started actually playing.

you can add in he's learning a whole knew system as well. It all takes time.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
My FEAR is if we can draft Garrett and dont for a maybe qb!
this is why i have come to HATE this board...
I felt like this guy was going to be a bust.. and with some inside info too... however when i said what i felt, everyone was jumping for my throat... this is what is sad about the state of the 9ers fans.. there is people here that would blindly eat and all the crap the media will feed them and not use their head...
really.. I called it that he was going to be a bust... (still some people will come and say oh wait its just his second game.. well, usually you hope first rounders usually don't wait till mid season to start and still get rocked!)
we need to draft players with passion for the GAME!!!!!
I don't see any bad dog attitude in AJ Jenkins, Armstead, Buckner, Garnett

Inside info... I'm dying!

What piece was inside info? The widely published statement that Garnett would like to be a surgeon after football or the Wikipedia search on the negative correlation between Wonderlic scores and success which likely had to do with cornerbacks and possibly RB's, not offensive linemen.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Oct 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone