There are 238 users in the forums

What's the biggest need position we should take w/next pick?

What's the biggest need position we should take w/next pick?

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
WR

Has been for years and it still is. Quinton Patton is tough to support as a 3rd or 4th WR, but having him start? That's just not good enough in the modern pass-centric NFL. Sure, Smelter could be good but that's a total question mark. As is the CFL guy.

Landing a promising WR that's good enough to possibly start as a rookie would be huge for us. I'm still holding out hope that Boyd is there in the 3rd. I think he's a guy that could come in and start right away.

Agreed.

Wr doesn't mean a thing if you can't protect your qb.
I'd like to see us trade Brooks and a pick to move up in tha draft put Tank in his spot let him develop finely ...Bowman has a partner in crime in Hodges(dont get why so many are sleeping on this dude) let him start and develop also ...Trade Wilhoite sick of him such a liability...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
OT, OLB, CB, ILB

To a tee.

Also, we can expect Trent to pick up a couple cut veterans too this summer for depth.

I'd add WR to that list as well, esp if one drops to us in the 3rd.
3rd round
OT Shon Coleman
ILB Scooby Wright
If Joshua Perry falls, I'd love to plug him into ILB.
Originally posted by 9moon:
WE HAVE LOST STALEY FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS.. THE GUY HAS NOT DONE CRAP TO SOLIDIFY HIS ALL PRO STATUS..

So says you, yet the press who votes for the All pro teams (AP/UPI) and the Pro Bowl which is voted on by coaches and players themselves who play against him disagree with you an amateur kid.
OT or ILB. None of the OLB left in this draft are worth a day 2 pick. I can't imagine any of these guys being more productive than the guys we've got.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I'd like to see us trade Brooks and a pick to move up in tha draft put Tank in his spot let him develop finely ...Bowman has a partner in crime in Hodges(dont get why so many are sleeping on this dude) let him start and develop also ...Trade Wilhoite sick of him such a liability...

As usual people need to do their research before throwing things out there. Brooks can rush or cover. Tank is good for situational pass rushing, has never covered and would be at a disadvantage covering a back or tight end. Also, this is a contract year for Tank.

You cannot trade Wilhoite cause he isn't under contract, we tendered him an offer, he can take it or sign somewhere else, but we have the right to match. Unless I missed the part where he accepted the tendered offer, then you trade him, but I didn't hear about it.
Tyler Boyd to compliment Torrey Smith?
  • bors
  • Veteran
Look at these smug pricks

• bors
  • Veteran
Lol wrong thread
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Tyler Boyd to compliment Torrey Smith?

Yes I would love that or if some how we pick Andrew Billings
OT, RB, ILB, WR
Lots of great talent left.. Glad we haven't traded up.

Boy I'd be effing fantastic making a Boldin/Stevie J type of trade. A team desperate for a pick and/or trying to open up salary.
Doesn't matter to me what position so long as we draft a guy who can start or be a rotation guy or something.
Share 49ersWebzone