LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

We should be on the phone with the Jets!

Fritzpatrick said he's not playing for the 8 million the Jets offered. The Jets aren't budging. Kaps agent should be on the phone working on a contract. We should be offering him up for their pick 83 in round 3 even if we have to chip in on his contract.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Fritzpatrick said he's not playing for the 8 million the Jets offered. The Jets aren't budging. Kaps agent should be on the phone working on a contract. We should be offering him up for their pick 83 in round 3 even if we have to chip in on his contract.

Disagree with this. Understand the value of a third round pick as we have many needs, but if Kap really wants out of SF then he needs to sort that out with the other team. The 49ers shouldn't be paying him to play elsewhere, period. As an aside, the Jets didn't seem all that interested in Kap before and I doubt that changes.

If the Jets don't want to pay more than $8M for Fitz, I doubt they'd offer anything even remotely close to what Kap would want to make a trade happen.
I'm fine with kap competing for starting QB
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Kap will win that competition.
Guarantee. 😎👍
I would love for Kap to stay, get along with Chip, and have a glorious rebirth as the next gen dual threat QB. Would LOVE that.

But at this point it just seems like both sides have totally over played their hand and they've each backed themselves into positions that make that very difficult. The team publicly threw him under the bus last year in a way that was both devious and obvious. And Kap has pushed too hard for a trade this year. The result is that it would take massive peace treaty levels of coming together for him to have a future with the 9ers.

But we do have a ridiculous amount of cap space that we are not using because we don't want the salary commitment in the future.

All of this comes together to me as an opportunity to get a higher pick in a trade than normal. If we could get a late 2nd round pick for him with the condition that we pay a portion of his salary this year than everyone wins. Kap gets to start somewhere (likely NY or DEN) and get paid his full salary. The other team would get a starting QB for a year at half the price. And we'd get a 2nd round pick back that could be our next QB or another impact player. Wins all around!
Originally posted by BigBug415:

Guarantee. 😎👍

I'm hoping he lost some strength since his muscles atrophied and he throws a softer ball
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I would love for Kap to stay, get along with Chip, and have a glorious rebirth as the next gen dual threat QB. Would LOVE that.

But at this point it just seems like both sides have totally over played their hand and they've each backed themselves into positions that make that very difficult. The team publicly threw him under the bus last year in a way that was both devious and obvious. And Kap has pushed too hard for a trade this year. The result is that it would take massive peace treaty levels of coming together for him to have a future with the 9ers.

But we do have a ridiculous amount of cap space that we are not using because we don't want the salary commitment in the future.

All of this comes together to me as an opportunity to get a higher pick in a trade than normal. If we could get a late 2nd round pick for him with the condition that we pay a portion of his salary this year than everyone wins. Kap gets to start somewhere (likely NY or DEN) and get paid his full salary. The other team would get a starting QB for a year at half the price. And we'd get a 2nd round pick back that could be our next QB or another impact player. Wins all around!

You only do this if you LOVE one of the round 2 QB's. Because if you trade Kaep, we automatically need someone on the roster to take his place. Fitz aint playing for less than he wants. Bradford isn't coming here. Hoyer? Anyway you look at it you are on the hook paying for a vet we don't really want, and cant count on, or taking a chance o a rookie to replace Kaep. So what have you saved vs what do you have to spend? And that second round pick better be better than what Kaep is right now.

Guarantee. 😎👍

Exactly. I really don't get why people are bailing on him. He was injured, and for crying out loud, they had the worst off-season any team has ever experienced.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Guarantee. 😎👍

How can you garentee something. He was outperformed last season with the same exact team and coaching. He has the locker room Kaep doesnt. Kaep isnt even throwing and is 20-30 lbs less muscle right now. If he starts throwing around training kaep season will be on the bench
[ Edited by fan49 on Apr 29, 2016 at 4:05 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Exactly. I really don't get why people are bailing on him. He was injured, and for crying out loud, they had the worst off-season any team has ever experienced.

maybe because he was worse the year before too, he hasn't played well for 2 years. Plus the team has no faith in the guy. He doesnt hang out with anyone, and he wants out. Yes those are facts. I beg you to name 1 qb who was good and won a sb that didnt hang out with the team and was disliked. My dad played oline in college and he said if the qb is not hanging out with the oline and feeding them steaks after wins hes not doing his job. I know a little corny but its true

Share 49ersWebzone