LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Jumping back into round 2!

Originally posted by AkNiners:
If only someone wanted a boatload of 7ths.

We'd still be screwed, since we only have 1.
ehhh there are a lot of very good players that will be around in the 3rd
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Would love to get Booker there. Or the LA Tech RB.
Well most likely trade down in the 3rd and pick up future picks
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Well most likely trade down in the 3rd and pick up future picks

I could see this happening for sure move down a couple spots grab a extra 4th...I see a lot of talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would require either 2017 1st round pick or 3rd and 2017 2nd and 4th round picks, I also think it would depend on how high up the 2nd round they want to go.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Baalke mentioned that not all of his 12 picks will make the team, if this is the case, why not move up and get rid of some of the picks now and try to land the player that he wants..

We need to get back to round 2, give up the two 4s and fives and 2 Sixes.. (not those 6 picks for a mere 2, well, unless that 2 is within the first 10 picks)
I rather have less picks but more quality players then all these picks and mediocre players. Trading back into second round I'm fine with as long as we do not have to give up any picks in next years draft
Originally posted by susweel:
other than Bowman who else ?

Culliver and Borland!

How can you possibly think borland was a good pick. Dude was good for one season, then quit. Borland was a joke.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Trading into the 2nd would be too costly. Would likely have to give up our 3rd and at least a 2nd next year to do it.

and 2nd next year to jump up 10 spots from the 3rd to the second. No haha

Itd take a 5th and maybe a 6th

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Would require either 2017 1st round pick or 3rd and 2017 2nd and 4th round picks, I also think it would depend on how high up the 2nd round they want to go.

Our 3rd and 4th can net a late 2nd
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Would love to get Booker there. Or the LA Tech RB.

yeah we are gonna be running the ball a lot...these next two days is when you can kinda look at who we spoke to during the whole process to kinda get a idea.

Dixon, Irvin, Drake all come to mind I think we might have spoken to Howard as well?
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
other than Bowman who else ?

Culliver and Borland!

How can you possibly think borland was a good pick. Dude was good for one season, then quit. Borland was a joke.

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

Bireland was a good pick at the time. No one can predict when a player walks away. But based off what we saw of him on the field he was going to be a good player
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by crake49:
The only reason I would want them to trade back into the 2nd is if a serious pass rusher is there.

Not sure how you can do it unless a player is involved. Would need to give up too many picks.

I wouldn't mind if all they got out of this draft were what they already have and a sack producer, maybe a 10-sack guy. Even if that's all they get out of the draft this year, I think those three additions make the team a lot better.

I know it's not going to happen and I know Buckner brings a lot of pass rush anyway, but we'll see.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Trading into the 2nd would be too costly. Would likely have to give up our 3rd and at least a 2nd next year to do it.

and 2nd next year to jump up 10 spots from the 3rd to the second. No haha

Itd take a 5th and maybe a 6th

Well I was thinking to get into the top half of the round. Sure, late 2nd would be cheaper.

10 spots (68 to 58) would be our 3rd and both 5ths.

15 spots (68 to 53) would be our 3rd, one 5th, and prob a 2017 3rd.

Higher than that and you are looking at giving up a 2017 2nd.
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on Apr 29, 2016 at 10:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone