LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Jumping back into round 2!

We drafted 2 impact players who should be able to win a starting job by seasons end. There are a lot of guys that fell out of round 1 that could make the same impact if we go up to get them. If we trade our 3rd round pick and both our 5ths it would be enough to jump us up to around picks 54-55. There would be some quality players left. If we trade our 3rd and 5th and ne t years 3rd rounder we might be able to jump up towards the top of round 2 and grab a Spence, Alexander, Robinson, Reed, Jones, Shepard, Jack or OgBah. We usually only get 2 impact players from a complete draft. I think we should trade the 2 3rds and trade with Cleveland and take our highest rated player on our board. And we would still have plenty of picks left to find some sleepers.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
We drafted 2 impact players who should be able to win a starting job by seasons end. There are a lot of guys that fell out of round 1 that could make the same impact if we go up to get them. If we trade our 3rd round pick and both our 5ths it would be enough to jump us up to around picks 54-55. There would be some quality players left. If we trade our 3rd and 5th and ne t years 3rd rounder we might be able to jump up towards the top of round 2 and grab a Spence, Alexander, Robinson, Reed, Jones, Shepard, Jack or OgBah. We usually only get 2 impact players from a complete draft. I think we should trade the 2 3rds and trade with Cleveland and take our highest rated player on our board. And we would still have plenty of picks left to find some sleepers.

I want to keep our 3rd. The 3rd round has been Baalke's money round.

I agree, we have a roster where more average guys is the last thing we need. We need to net as many potential elite talents as we can get. I would be willing to Mortgage everything beyond the 4th for an earlier second and a middle third.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I agree, we have a roster where more average guys is the last thing we need. We need to net as many potential elite talents as we can get. I would be willing to Mortgage everything beyond the 4th for an earlier second and a middle third.

I bet that's going to how it plays out tonight. I think we move up to grab immediate starters at any of: NT, ILB, OLB, CB, OT with CB being the most likely place where we get immediate upgrade.
[ Edited by father49er on Apr 29, 2016 at 10:29 AM ]
lets not. I dont want to mortgage our future for one pick.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I bet that's going to how it plays out tonight. I think we move up to grab immediate starters at any of: NT, ILB, OLB, CB, OT

Billings, Spence, Spriggs, Jack, Fuller
Originally posted by pdizo916:
lets not. I dont want to mortgage our future for one pick.

What future?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:

I want to keep our 3rd. The 3rd round has been Baalke's money round.

other than Bowman who else ?
Trading into the 2nd would be too costly. Would likely have to give up our 3rd and at least a 2nd next year to do it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I don't think we have the ammo to get back into the 1st half of the 2nd round. Perhaps picks 45-60. But we don't have our early 4th round pick. Not sure how we pull that off. Plus, there are so many talented players still on the board. Not sure it's worth it to trade up.

Originally posted by susweel:
other than Bowman who else ?

Culliver and Borland!
The only reason I would want them to trade back into the 2nd is if a serious pass rusher is there.
Originally posted by cNiner:
What future?

2017 and 2018, FOO
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Trading into the 2nd would be too costly. Would likely have to give up our 3rd and at least a 2nd next year to do it.

If only someone wanted a boatload of 7ths.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
The only reason I would want them to trade back into the 2nd is if a serious pass rusher is there.

Not sure how you can do it unless a player is involved. Would need to give up too many picks.
Share 49ersWebzone