LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

We draft 2 building blocks

Great start to the draft. 2 high character guys who WANT TO PLAY FOR THE 49ERS

Feels good mayne
  • lazy
  • Veteran
i really like this first round. this board has been screaming at baalke that this is his last chance an he needs to draft for need an he does just exactly that. wev lost 2 huge DL an OL players the past 2 years an he hits both positions in one round. with solid players too. baalke did good yesterday in my opinion, now its just a question of if its worth it to trade up into the 2nd cause we dont have many tradeable picks left. looks like garnett needs some imporovment in pass blocking but thats fine he seems like an iupati type player, bulldozer with a weakness in pass blocking. but at this point in our OLs ability id much rather have it be like when we had iupati than it was last year which was horrid.
Unlike most of free agents, draftees are something specially if they are playing for the team who are willing to give their soul, body, blood and heart on the field.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
This is how it should be done, get pieces for the OL and DL and you can go into next year a focus on skill positions early
We KILLED the first round. Build from the inside out. The OL and DL are suddenly quite good again--or at least they have the potential to be.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
We KILLED the first round. Build from the inside out. The OL and DL are suddenly quite good again--or at least they have the potential to be.

This. 😎👍
We did ok yesterday. Could've been better.
I like those two pieces.
In the NFC West, they'll have to run the ball and stop the run.
Buckner and Garnett will immediately help in doing that.
Also keep in mind we'll be able to pick up a 5th-year option on both Buckner and Garnett. That's an underrated reason to trade back into the first, and I think it's a ploy that will become more in vogue as GMs pick up on that.

Are we the only team that drafted 2 players in the 1st?
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Yup
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Yup

Putting that cap money to work.
Good safe picks! Buckner is a game changer. I am soooo happy we didn't trade up for a QB or a medical or character risk player.

We can't afford gambles anymore. Baalke has had a number of high draft picks that were gambles that didn't pan out. That combined with unexpected retirements led us to the dumpster. I hope the rest of the draft follows the same mantra. Don't draft risky players. We have enough needs that we just need healthy and motivated young talent.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The Chip Kelly era has officially started. Good start btw damn good start!!!
Share 49ersWebzone