LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Props to Maddog, he nailed the Niners picks and others from his big board

who needs nfl network, mayock or mel Kiper. we got MADDOG. His big board nailed both niners picks and got a few others I bolded right. WOW

3 DeForest Buckner Oregon DE/DT
4 Laremy Tunsil Mississippi OT
5 Carson Wentz North Dakota St QB
6 Joey Bosa Ohio St DE
7 Ronnie Stanley Notre Dame OT
8 Josh Doctson TCU WR
9 Karl Joseph West Virginia S
10 Corey Coleman Baylor WR
11 Jack Conklin Michigan St OT
12 Jared Goff Cal QB
13 Sterling Shepard Oklahoma WR
14 Ryan Kelly Alabama C
15 Vernon Hargreaves Florida CB
16 Leonard Floyd Georgia LB
17 Shaq Lawson Clemson DE
18 Myles Jack UCLA LB
19 Cody Whitehair Kansas St C/G
20 Jonathan Bullard Florida DE
21 Michael Thomas Ohio St WR
22 Sheldon Rankins Louisville DT
23 Laquon Treadwell Mississippi WR
24 Will Fuller Notre Dame WR
25 Noah Spence Eastern Kentucky DE/OLB
26 Kevin Dodd Clemson DE
27 Mackensie Alexander Clemson CB
28 Josh Garnett Stanford G
Originally posted by 9erred:

who needs nfl network, mayock or mel Kiper. we got MADDOG. His big board nailed both niners picks and got a few others I bolded right. WOW

3 DeForest Buckner Oregon DE/DT
4 Laremy Tunsil Mississippi OT
5 Carson Wentz North Dakota St QB
6 Joey Bosa Ohio St DE
7 Ronnie Stanley Notre Dame OT
8 Josh Doctson TCU WR
9 Karl Joseph West Virginia S
10 Corey Coleman Baylor WR
11 Jack Conklin Michigan St OT
12 Jared Goff Cal QB
13 Sterling Shepard Oklahoma WR
14 Ryan Kelly Alabama C
15 Vernon Hargreaves Florida CB
16 Leonard Floyd Georgia LB
17 Shaq Lawson Clemson DE
18 Myles Jack UCLA LB
19 Cody Whitehair Kansas St C/G
20 Jonathan Bullard Florida DE
21 Michael Thomas Ohio St WR
22 Sheldon Rankins Louisville DT
23 Laquon Treadwell Mississippi WR
24 Will Fuller Notre Dame WR
25 Noah Spence Eastern Kentucky DE/OLB
26 Kevin Dodd Clemson DE
27 Mackensie Alexander Clemson CB
28 Josh Garnett Stanford G

Tbph MD is far more accurate with his predictions than any of those guys and doesn't have 1/2 the access those guys do. He's a stud evaluator. I have learned to be quiet and listen when MD starts talking draft prospects.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Dude knows his s**t. I remember my first few years just lurking on here. Mdog was always getting ripped for being elitist or a show off / wanna be gm. But over the years he has shown that he is spot on more often than not.
MD is the man. always like reading up on his stuff and if i ever own an NFL team (which is actually very likely as long as i somehow obtain billions of dollars) i would contact maddog to be part of the staff!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You must be new here.
Originally posted by bors:
Dude knows his s**t. I remember my first few years just lurking on here. Mdog was always getting ripped for being elitist or a show off / wanna be gm. But over the years he has shown that he is spot on more often than not.

Maddog's arrogance always worked against him. Has improved over time.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Originally posted by bors:

Maddog's arrogance always worked against him. Has improved over time.

Ah Kevin, You are still bringing it after all these years!
mad dog 20/20's will kill you
I remember when people got on MD when he said we should've picked watt over aldon.

Made all of us look like idiots.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I remember when people got on MD when he said we should've picked watt over aldon.

Made all of us look like idiots.
based on our needs back then, he was wrong.

I stopped listening to MadDog when he vehemently ripped the Patrick Willis pick. He strongly insisted Adam Carricker would have been a much better pick. Of course we all know how that worked out.

To be fair, we all make our share of draft mistakes... because it's the draft. I think the arrogance that others have mentioned turned me off more than anything else. It's not hard to say something like, "Willis is an awesome prospect and I can see why you would want to draft him, I just disagree with you for these calmly stated reasons..." instead it was much more like, "I'm right and you're an idiot." Since then I've just avoided.

This actually the first MadDog thread I've clicked on in years. Not even sure why I did.
[ Edited by ghostrider on Apr 30, 2016 at 6:23 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:

This. Aldo was a great pick until he decided to go full alco. Sure now it would be awesome to have Watt on the team but at the time Aldon was the spark we needed on defense to turn that defense from good to great.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by communist:

This. Aldo was a great pick until he decided to go full alco. Sure now it would be awesome to have Watt on the team but at the time Aldon was the spark we needed on defense to turn that defense from good to great.

And then Aldo was the spark that doomed it.
He's a great evaluator but we shouldn't treat him like he's infallible. I remember he gave us an F for drafting Lynch. Said he would be cut before training camp. Still props to him for putting in all the effort and educating so many on this board (including me).
I wish I could predict terrible picks too :(
[ Edited by RonMexico on Apr 30, 2016 at 12:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone