LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Matt Miller's Complete Mock Draft (49ers only)

1st round 7: DeForest Buckner DE Oregon

2nd round 37: Cody Whitehair RG Kansas State

3rd round 68: Jerald Hawkins T LSU

4th round 105: Matt Judon OLB Grand Valley State

4th round Comp: Jordan Howard RB Indiana

5th round 142: Nate Sudfield QB Indiana

5th round 145: DJ White CB Georgia Tech

5th round Comp: Beau Sandland TE Montana State

6th round 178: Antonio Morrison ILB Florida

6th round 211: Josh Forrest ILB Kentucky

6th round Comp: Henry Krieger TE Iowa

6th round Comp: Tyrone Holmes OLB Montana

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636003-2016-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-final-7-round-picks

If we walk out of this draft with those first three picks The best DL and best interior OL in the same draft would just be Add in a raw but extremely talented Tackle like Hawkins and our trenches look so much better!
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Apr 28, 2016 at 9:42 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Good chance you can get Nate Sudfield as a UDFA.
I'll allow it.

DL and OL upgraded greatly in the first 2 picks with two likely starters. Hope Baalke does likewise.

Not sure about adding two TE's late though. Turn two of those 6th rounders into Vernon Adams and Quinton Jefferson and I am down.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'll allow it.

DL and OL upgraded greatly in the first 2 picks with two likely starters. Hope Baalke does likewise.

Not sure about adding two TE's late though. Turn two of those 6th rounders into Vernon Adams and Quinton Jefferson and I am down.

Agreed. Not a fan of two TEs either and it does look early for Sudfield but I'd certainly be down with this.
I'll take it if we end up with Buckner, Whitehair, Howard, Judon and Morrison

Sudfield replace that with Adams
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Agreed. I hope we take Adams with one of our comp picks in Rd 5 or 6.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Agreed, would rather have Adams and it appears he has him going undrafted. Miller has some big names late in the draft:

Scooby Wright (6th)
DJ Reader (7th)
BJ Goodson (7th) (would rather him as opposed to Forrest in the 6th)
Paul McRoberts (6th)
Spencer Drango (6th)
Alex McCalister (6th)
Adam Gotsis (6th)
Joe Schobert (6th)
KJ Dillon (6th)

This draft seems so talented from top to bottom. We have zero excuse not to hit big
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

Agreed, would rather have Adams and it appears he has him going undrafted. Miller has some big names late in the draft:

Scooby Wright (6th)
DJ Reader (7th)
Paul McRoberts (6th)
Spencer Drango (6th)
Alex McCalister (6th)
Adam Gotsis (6th)
Joe Schobert (6th)
KJ Dillon (6th)

This draft seems so talented from top to bottom. We have zero excuse not to hit big

damn replace those TEs with and makeup of those above names.
1st 3 picks
No way in hell kj dillon drops to the 6th

If hes there in the 5th we should draft him

Scooby Wright (6th)
DJ Reader (7th)
Paul McRoberts (6th)
Spencer Drango (6th)
Alex McCalister (6th)
Adam Gotsis (6th)
Joe Schobert (6th)
KJ Dillon (6th)

damn replace those TEs with and makeup of those above names.

I think DJ Reader is a must-draft at the end of the 6th if he is there. Only a two-down guy but a massive man in the middle in rotation with Williams/Dorsey/Purcell will be huge.
I have been watching the NFL Network and they have not mentioned the 49ERS hardly at all! They had a Reporter whip around the country and talked about picks and trades including picks 4,5,6, 8, 9, 10 and the Jets and Broncos! I guess we really have slipped in the opinion of the NFL people and the Dorks have driven us down to mediocrity or worse! Pretty sad state of affairs!
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
I have been watching the NFL Network and they have not mentioned the 49ERS hardly at all! They had a Reporter whip around the country and talked about picks and trades including picks 4,5,6, 8, 9, 10 and the Jets and Broncos! I guess we really have slipped in the opinion of the NFL people and the Dorks have driven us down to mediocrity or worse! Pretty sad state of affairs!

Because we probably aren't taking a "sexy" pick. We will more than likely grab OL like Stanley/Conklin or DL like Buckner so guys like Bosa, Lynch, Elliott, Treadwell etc. are the ones people want to discuss but not in the conversation for us...or the typical lack of coverage for the West Coast. Based off of what you said, they are talking about the Cowboys, Jaguars, Ravens, Browns, Bucs, Giants, Jets and Broncos...typical for the media
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:

Because we probably aren't taking a "sexy" pick. We will more than likely grab OL like Stanley/Conklin or DL like Buckner so guys like Bosa, Lynch, Elliott, Treadwell etc. are the ones people want to discuss but not in the conversation for us...or the typical lack of coverage for the West Coast. Based off of what you said, they are talking about the Cowboys, Jaguars, Ravens, Browns, Bucs, Giants, Jets and Broncos...typical for the media

You have hit the nail on the proverbial head Sims, I am an older poster that has lived through the ups and downs with my beloved Niners, but I have never seen it this bad where the Media essentially mocks us! A little history here as English and CCIowa can tell you, I have a long Niner history as my Uncle after WWII in 1946 was one of the original 49ER players, one page contract for 5k for the season, oh and the players played both ways, Offense and Defense!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Yes to Judon.
Share 49ersWebzone