LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Chip Kellys FINAL Mock

No Trades and assuming we keep Kap.

1st)(7th) Ronnie Stanley - OT – Notre Dame – 6'5 315 lbs

I picked Stanley in my mock back in January and I am sticking with him. It does not matter who our QB is if he doesnt have a good Oline he will be ineffective. It makes sense to add depth to the most important position on the Oline, with Joe Staley getting up there in age and our RT position a proverbial cluster F with Anthony Davis (unreliable/unstable), Eric Pears (inconsistent OT - slightly better OG), Trenton Brown (young/unproven). Stanley was a little inconsistent in college but we could put him at RT for a year or two and put him in position to take over for Staley down the road. I did put some thought into Jack Conklin here.. but I feel Stanley moves better and has more potential at LT down the road than Conklin.

2nd)(37th) Emmanual Ogbah – OLB – Oklahoma st – 6'4 273 lbs

Opinions on Ogbah are all over the map. Some are saying late first some are saying 3rd round. Some could say that Obgah at this pick is wishful thinking especially because EDGE rushers are such a premium in this league. I think it is not only a possibility but a probability. He is still learning the position and the game of football. He is raw, but has unlimited potential. Our defense relies on a great pass rush to take pressure off our DBs. It is an element of our defense that we have been missing since Aldon left. In my opinion you can't have enough pass rushers. With Lynch and Harold we have 3 young solid pass rushers for the foreseeable future. If Ogbah is not on the board here I would go with Calhoun from Michigan St., who I like as well.

3rd)(68th) Kenyan Drake – RB – Alabama – 6'1 210 lbs

New toy for Chip. Drake could be our change of pace back in the backfield and add more explosiveness to the offense, while also giving Hyde a break. He adds instant homerun ability to our return units as well. He is quick and fast, but still has good size. He has good hands and could be a homerun if he gets the ball in space.

4th)(105th) Kenny Lawler – WR – Cal – 6'2 203 lbs

Goffs favorite target at Cal. Lawler is a gamer. A little undersized, might get pushed around by NFL DBs, in my opinion he could benefit from adding another 5-10 lbs of muscle. But he runs good routes and is a fluid athlete. Creates space and has huge hands to bring in passes. He ran a little slow at the combine, but could be a solid WR2/3 in Chips system in a few years.

4th)(133rd) Joe Thuney – OG – NC State – 6'4 304 lbs

Smart kid who played every position as a 3 year starter for the Wolfpack. Is more of a natural at Guard, since he has short arms. Perfect fit for Chips offense.

5th)(142nd) Nick Kwiatkoski – ILB – West Virginia – 6'2 240 lbs

Solid run defender with above average coverage ability. Tackling machine with short arms. He is very instinctive and athletic. High school running back. Will give depth at inside linebacker for us and will be a special teams stud.

5th)(145th) Kevin Hogan – QB – Stanford – 6'3 218 lbs

The kid is smart, tough, a natural leader, and a winner. I would love to see if he could be groomed into being an NFL QB in a few years. Good mobility and accuracy.

5th)(174th) Willie Henry - NT/DE – Michigan 6'2 303 lbs

Henry is a stout young NT to groom if Ian Williams' injury proves to be a major concern in the future. Could even play DE on base downs.

6th)(178th) David Onyemata – DE – Manitoba 6'3 300 lbs

Inexperienced. Started playing football in college, but he dominated the competition. Looked good at the East/West shrine game. Could be a steal after a few more years of coaching as a 3-4 DE.

6th)(207th) Stephen Weatherly – OLB – Vanderbilt 6'4 267 lbs

Fast speed rusher with good size. Needs to learn to use his power more.

6th)(211th) Kevon Seymour CB – USC – 5'11 186 lbs

Very athletic DB. Struggled with injuries and inconsistencies his Senior year. Might be worth a look in the later rounds.

6th)(213th) Matt Hegarty –Oregon - C - 6'4 290 lbs

Played at Oregon, but was not a Chip Kelly recruit. Played C for the Ducks, played Guard at Notre Dame before he transferred. Needs to add more weight and power for the pros. More of a natural Center.

If I were to put trades in here, I would hope the niners trade back to 15 and pick up either Conklin or Decker and pick up either another 2nd this year or next year or even a 1st next year. I would like to see them package some picks and Kap to move back up into the late 1st round as well. We need quality over quantity this year, imo.
I like any draft that has your top three. Especially Drake I think this kid could be a great sleeper with homerun potential every time he touches it in space.
Well balanced draft.
Chip, quality picks right here but did you run this by Trent Baalke first?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah.. but he ignored me.. our tension and lack of communication continues
Originally posted by ChipKelly:

Yeah.. but he ignored me.. our tension and lack of communication continues

LOL!

lol...honestly on paper these two guys are the most stubborn SOBs in the league. I expect a lot of yelling in the war room
Share 49ersWebzone