LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

Unexpected Pick at 7 you could live with

Paxton lynch
Hargeaves, Elliot, Lynch, Buckner, Bosa,Tunsil. Any of these and im good. Honestly i hope we can snag atleast 3 of these guys. Going to require some trades but it could happen. I mean we got 12 freaking picks. We will probably only sign and retain 6 players. Make it happen Trent.3 out of 6 and u get an A +. Plus even after all that jaylon smith could still be available in rd 4-6.
Originally posted by txninerdad80:
Hargeaves, Elliot, Lynch, Buckner, Bosa,Tunsil. Any of these and im good. Honestly i hope we can snag atleast 3 of these guys. Going to require some trades but it could happen. I mean we got 12 freaking picks. We will probably only sign and retain 6 players. Make it happen Trent.3 out of 6 and u get an A +. Plus even after all that jaylon smith could still be available in rd 4-6.

We don't have close to enough ammo to draft 3 of those guys unless we start tossing in future draft picks which I don't think we'll do. Tunsil, Buckner, and Bosa are likely all gone when we pick at 7.

Assuming we draft Elliott at 7, we would only have ~1000 points of draft capital left for our remaining picks (and that includes comp picks which we can't trade).That's the equivalent of 2 2nd round picks or 1 mid-first round pick. So unless you think Hargreaves and Lynch are falling to the 2nd round, we aren't getting 3 of those guys.

Our combined value of our 12 picks is 2532.3 including compensatory picks. Had we lost the 2 games we won on missed field goals, we would have finished with the 3rd pick in the draft (and 33, 64, etc. because we would have tied for the worst record in the league so we would alternate picks with the Browns and Titans). We probably would have thrown the last game of the season to end up with Goff/Wentz. Winning those 2 games cost us at least the equivalent of a late first round pick and possibly much more had we gone on to finish with the #1 pick. It may have cost us a shot at a franchise QB.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=SF
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That goes for most of the pass rushers in this draft. Lawson already has a variety of pass rush moves and because he is so dominant against the run you can have him be a 3 down player as a rookie.

Character wise he comes off a lot more professional and mature than you typically expect from a 21 year old. He might never be a 15 sack a year guy but he will give you 6-10 sacks a year and shutdown the run with a lot of TFL's while being a team leader.

This. I'd take Lawson over any defensive player not named Buckner
I could live with Lawson, Conklin, and Doctson, Floyd

Would hate Lynch
Josh Doctson WR TCU. If the front office couldn't get a trade back & really want the guy i would be very happy
Lawson
Share 49ersWebzone