LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Brazilian Niner - My First Mock Draft Ever

First time doing a mock draft! Sorry for my english mistakes! Being from Brazil where football basically does not exist, I actually really started loving football watching the niners play in 2010-2011! Last year I had the opportunity to go to SF and watch the niners for the 1st time! Not a great year to do so but at least it was an entertaining game(Cardinals week 12)!

I'm still learning football and how to analyze all the players but I study a lot this game and I read almost all the mocks in this forum, so I am making a draft not only based on what I know but also what all of you guys know too.

We are clearly rebuilding and not competing for the superbowl for the next 2-3 years so I think we should focus this year on the trenches and prepare the team for the future! Hopefully next year we will get a high draft pick and grab our QB for the future!

MOCK DRAFT
Trade 7th pick for Muhammed Wilkerson(Jets) + 20th pick
Wilkerson is a game-changer and he fits our scheme! Unlike Josh Norman, he is a guy worth expeding a lot of money because is only 26y and has a lot of good years ahead of him!

1-20- Laquon Treadwell (WR) - I was thinking about picking Taylor Decker here but I rather not waste a high pick on a tackle right now! Lets see how Trent Brown develop in year 2 and how the situation with Davis goes! Treadwell is a great receiver that we met and a good red zone threat possesion guy.

2-37- Joshua Garnett (G) - Chip and Trent loves this guy and he is a safe pick to improve our OL.We are going to run the ball a lot this year and he is a great run blocker!

3-68- Xavien Howard (CB)
We might have to move up a little to grab him but if he is there I think it's a great value! Big and fast he should be our starting outside corner next year! All of our CBs should have a better year with a better help from the pass rushers!

Trade Colin Kaepernick for Denver 3th round pick
3-96 (DEN)- Jaylon Smith (LB) - If he is still there at the end of the 3rd I think is worth the risk! The reward is too great and I have a feeling this guy is going to play again! Worst case scenario: Lattimore 2.0! Best case: Patrick Willis 2.0

4-105- Willie Beavers (T/G)
I don't know a lot about this guy but I think 4th round would be a good position to add a tackle. From what I read, he has potential to be a starting Tackle and apparently Trent likes him!

4-133- Nick Kwiatkowski (ILB)
Hopefully he is another LB steal from Baalke! Great Leader and has the potential of being a 3 down linebacker or at least a special teams demon! He's being linked with the 49ers a lot in some mocks I've seen! Matt Miller always predicts him to us and based on past years, it seems Matt Miller knows a lot of what happens inside the FO.

5-142- DJ Reader (DT)
Ian Williams is hurt and we need more bodies to our DL. Defense will get a lot of snaps. A lot of mock drafts in this forum has the niners taking him!

5-145- Tyrone Holmes (EDGE)
Development guy with good potential and could probably have a role this year on passing situations!

5-174- Tyler Ervin (RB) - Another guy that gets a lot of love from this forum! I think he is a little thin to play in the league but I guess Chip could find a way to use him or at least we get a good returner that we've been lacking.

6(Compensatory)- Vernon Adams (QB)- Backup QB that knows the system! He has a chip on his shoulder that I like but he's probably not the next Russel Wilson. We get someone in the 6th to backup Blaine Gabbert until Watson or Falk comes.

The rest of the picks I would trade for next years draft or use them to move up in the draft to make sure we get the players we want!

Hope you guys like it! I really cant wait for the draft to come! Thank you guys for all the info that I get in this forum!
other than jaylon smith, i really dig it!!
Like this mock. Would not be the least bit upset if we draft Smith in the 3rd round. He probably won't see the field in 2016, but he's a really high character guy who could be a solid 3-4 OLB or 4-3 ILB even if he doesn't fully recover. According to this article, he's already squatting over 500 pounds again. The big risk will be waiting to see if the nerve in his knee fully recovers in 2016.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/25/jaylon-smith-nfl-draft-notre-dame-injury-recovery/83489188/

We're in a unique situation where the upcoming season is hopeless anyways, so it doesn't really matter if a rookie can make an impact right away. Our early 2nd round pick is probably too early to take this risk, but one of our 3rd round picks could make sense depending on what odds the team doctors give to Smith's knee recovering.
I like it
That's what I think about Jaylon! I think his range is mid3-early4th round. He posted a video showing some good pass rushing abilities so I think if Kwiatkowski pans out we could still use Jaylon next year rotating with him and Bowman or try him at OLB.

We dont need him this year! We need a top5 pick next year to grab a QB without giving our soul for it and hopefully we compete for a playoff spot!
Love the Tyrone Holmes pick. I think he could end up being a beast
Very nice mock. And great presentation and reasoning. I pretty much agree with everything you said and did. The only nit pick is that I personally like Doctson better than Treadwell, but they are close in talent. Very well done!
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Very nice mock. And great presentation and reasoning. I pretty much agree with everything you said and did. The only nit pick is that I personally like Doctson better than Treadwell, but they are close in talent. Very well done!

Agree, like all the picks but would go Doctson over Treadwell. Very much for getting Wilkerson and the 20th for the #7.
Believe that Adams could very well be the QB Baalke/Chip go after.
Nice mock but I don't see management shelling out millions for Wilkerson.
Can someone smarter then me explain who would be better Buckner or Wilkerson?

• HERN
  • Veteran
I have a mock very similar to what you have. I like your version more. I do agree that Doctson might be the better pick instead of Treadwell.
Originally posted by HERN:
I have a mock very similar to what you have. I like your version more. I do agree that Doctson might be the better pick instead of Treadwell.

Originally posted by crew:
Agree, like all the picks but would go Doctson over Treadwell. Very much for getting Wilkerson and the 20th for the #7.
Believe that Adams could very well be the QB Baalke/Chip go after.

Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Thank you! I like Doctson a lot! I think he brings a lot of the same qualities that Treadwell and has a better speed and potential!

In the end, I decided to go with the guy that the team showed more interest! I think that if they have a situation like that where both are still on the board, they go Treadwell.
Muito prazer....I love the mock draft
Originally posted by elguapo:
Muito prazer....I love the mock draft

Obrigado elguapo! Espero que o Baalke não nos decepcione amanha! Hope Baalke nails tomorrow!
I would be for it but if we don't here Wilk is in SF for a Physical today it won't happen. Plus we need one or 2 more guys we can stash for 2016 like Max Tuerk that are injured so we don't have to waste picks.
Share 49ersWebzone