LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Mock Mock Mock. I Love Mocks. Here comes my mock. Down into the forum. Mock Mock Mock.

Round 1 - Pick 7 Shaq Lawson, OLB, Clemson

Round 2 - Pick 37 Josh Garnett, G, Stanford G

Round 3 - Pick 68 Jalen Mills. CB, LSU

Round 4 - Pick 105 Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi St QB

Round 4 - Pick 133 Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona

Round 5 - Pick 142 Dadi Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech

Round 5 - Pick 145 Joe Thuney OT/OG, NC State

Round 5 - Pick 174 Kenny Lawler, WR, Cal

Round 6 - Pick 178 Max Tuerk, C, USC

Round 6 - Pick 207 DJ Foster, RB, Arizona ST

Round 6 - Pick 211 Anthony Zettel, DT, Penn St

Round 6 - Pick 213 Taveze Calhoun. CB, Mississippi St

Notes: I was originally going to go with Stanley in Round 1 and OLB/DE Shilique Calhoun in Round 2, which I think is more likely. Noting that if the team is high on a guy like Noah Spence, Carl Nassib, Robert Nkemdiche, or A'Shawn Robinson and they fall to 37, they may scoop one of them up instead of Calhoun. Who would be a slight reach, but a very safe pick at 37. Also, there is some debate about when guys like Prescott and Wright may go. This feels about right to me. If they are gone, there are other reasonable options, like Kevin Hogan or Blake Martinez who should be available at similar spots to what I've projected.

But this feels more fun. Lawson is one of my favorite players in the draft and I think he could end up being very special. Wouldn't be upset at all if we went with one of the top tackles or one of the other defensive studs. Particularly Buckner. But I think this is about my favorite combo of meeting needs, getting players I like and being somewhat realistic that I could work up.

Enjoy.
3 of first 6 picks are LBs. Not a fan of that strategy. Would rather get some offensive playmakers. Like Garnett though.
Wouldn't hate at all....maybe wait on CB we do have a ton of youth there. go play maker in 3rd, overall nice.
Like the Tuerk pick that should satisfy one of our ACL picks!
Lawson at 7 seems too high
If you're high on RT Trenton Brown, this is a great draft. If not, you have a big need at RT and more depth is needed (unless you're assuming Anthony Davis comes back ).
i
Originally posted by NCommand:
If you're high on RT Trenton Brown, this is a great draft. If not, you have a big need at RT and more depth is needed (unless you're assuming Anthony Davis comes back ).
Colin Kelly is going to be our RT!

Not gonna solve every problem in this draft...would rather give brown a shot then push him back with a high draft pick ahead of him...you know how I feel
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Change Dak Prescott to Jeff Driskel and I am sold!!!!

Shaq Lawson a little high there.
Here's to hoping some how Buckner is there at 7. Then we don't have to worry about trading down, or taking someone with lesser talent.

Stopped reading at "Shaq."
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Apr 26, 2016 at 5:14 PM ]
Nice mock
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Not gonna solve every problem in this draft...would rather give brown a shot then push him back with a high draft pick ahead of him...you know how I feel

Good stuff Id like to see Brown start we can add depth at OT later in the draft.

You know, I'm torn on this one. I think the reality is, if one of the two top tackles is there, we probably take one of them and see what Dline/OLB talent falls to 37. I think the team is high on Shilique Calhoun and wouldn't be surprised at all to see us grab him in the second if we go OT in the first and someone we like better hasn't fallen from the first round. But a Stanley mock seems too obvious at this point. So, for the moment, and for the sake of doing a slightly less obvious mock, I'm giving Davis and Brown the benefit of the doubt and assuming that between the two of them, we have an answer for at least this year.

Also, although Thuney projects more as a G long term, he can play some T if needed. So, that is another layer of depth while we figure out if Davis still can/will be a legit player in this league. Or if there is greater concern, he could be swapped out for someone who is more of a true OT prospect.
[ Edited by TexasNiner on Apr 26, 2016 at 9:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Change Dak Prescott to Jeff Driskel and I am sold!!!!

Shaq Lawson a little high there.

I don't get that mentality at all. He is rated to go 10-11 at the latest. As high as 5 by some. At any rate, the only chance you have in the world to draft him is to take him in the top 10 basically.

With various scheme, size, or injury question marks on almost all the guys rated 3-10 (assuming the QBs are going 1-2), I don't see how anyone can say taking a guy at 7 is "too high" for someone who is expected to go maybe 10th or 11th at the latest.

Liking someone else better is fine. But Lawson, Bosa, Jack, Ramsey, Buckner, Tunsil, Stanley, and Elliot for me could go in just about any order. Throw in Hargraves and Lynch or any others as top 10 possibilities and it only makes it more so for all of them. I don't think any number in the top 10 is too high or low for any of them.
Share 49ersWebzone