LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Ivanm05's 3 days out (Final) Mock

This is how I see the first six picks panning out.

1. LA - Jared Goff
2. PHI - Carson Wentz
3. SD - Laremy Tunsil
4. DAL - Joey Bosa
5. JAC - Jalen Ramsey
6. BAL - DeForest Buckner

Although Jack is available, I believe it's too risky to invest a 1st round top 10 pick and rather go elsewhere with all the other needs we have... and at that point the pick would be...

Round 1

Ronnie Stanley - OT - Notre Dame

Has long arms and knows how to use them. Plays with quick hands and a well-­timed punch. Never panics when he loses hand placement, simply re­sets them. Specializes in quick­sets getting his hands into the pass rusher first helping him to control the flow of the snap.

NFL COMPARISON: Lane Johnson

Round 2

Johnathan Bullard - DE - Florida

Attacks gaps and produces disruptive results. Half of his tackles gained two yards or less and was credited with 17.5 tackles for loss. Hard-charging, high-effort defender. Has above average change of direction talent for his size and a second gear in pursuit of ball carriers. Competitive and willing to mix it up.

NFL COMPARISON: Mario Edwards

Round 3

Xavien Howard - CB - Baylor

Short-area accelerator to chase and close on slants and crossers. Has hips that swivel open for easy turn-and-run ability. Asked to be an island corner all game long. Confidence level soared in 2015. Instinctive with ball skills that are undeniable. Uses well-timed head turn to find ball and react.

Round 4

A. Leonte Carroo - WR - Rutgers

Consistently productive. Averaged over 20 yards per catch over last two seasons and 31 of his 122 catches went for 25-plus yards. Finished with 29 touchdowns over three seasons. Strong ball tracker who can adjust to off-target deep balls and run under them. Can sell cornerback on the vertical route and then break it off suddenly while working back to the throw. Natural, reliable hands catcher who snatches the ball away from his body.

B. Isaac Seumalo - G/C - Oregon State

Quick feet and plays with above average lateral movement. Well­-schooled with technician's understanding of footwork and angles to secure reach blocks and wall defenders out of the running lane. Patient blocker waiting for his feet to settle into place before engaging. Operates with a centered, sure base and reliable core strength. Has experience at center, right guard and both tackle spots.

Round 5

A. Jaylon Smith - ILB - Notre Dame

Trent Baalke Special. I think he takes this kid if he's still there in the late 4th with one of his comp picks or in the 5th.

Can sink hips and change direction with suddenness in space. Has length and quickness for extended playmaking radius. Racked up 225 tackles over his last two seasons as a starter. Lightning quick lateral scrapes from gap to gap following track of the ball. Able to transition from scrape to spring seamlessly. Has a turbo boost to race running backs to the corner. Tries to meet oncoming blocks with physical punch and desired arm extension to stay clean.

B. Ricardo Louis - WR - Auburn

Thickly built wide out with a frame comparable to a running back. Handled substantial workload increase with dismissal of Duke Williams. Former "catch­-and­-run" receiver who proved effective with more complex routes. Gets open downfield with crisp routes and acceleration out of his breaks. Uses leverage, head fakes and subtle directional change to separate. Makes first tackler miss and will finish his run with some pop

C. Jacoby Brissett - QB - NC State

Big quarterback with an NFL arm. Has the frame and lower body strength to shake off a would­-be sack and extend the play. Possesses competitive spirit and football character needed to be an NFL quarterback. Has a fastball and changeup. Able to step and drive ball into tight windows with plus accuracy or put feathery soft touch on throws when needed. Plays in pro­-style scheme. Has experience under center and is comfortable in boot-­action pass attack. Makes good decisions reading combination routes.

Round 6

A. Darius Latham - DT - Indiana

Sports broad shoulders and and NFL mass. Specializes in hand to hand combat at the point of attack. Uses his jarring upper body power to dislodge blockers from their spot on his way to the ball. Uses size and strength to create gap disruption. Hands are quick and violent using them to club, slap and shove to keep linemen off of him. Raw, but has some rush to him.

B. Keith Marshall - RB - Georgia

Marshall could become a lottery ticket for a zone scheme team willing to take a chance that his speed and confidence return with a fresh start in a new location. His ceiling is much higher than many of the Day 3 running backs who could be drafted ahead of him.

C. Antwoine Williams - OLB - Georgia Southern

Big boy with legit, NFL size. Efficient with diagnosis and plays with disciplined flow mirroring the runner. Plays with running lane recognition and will step into a lane to deter running back. Won't run himself out of his run fits. Exceptional arm length for the position.

D. Josh Forrest - ILB - Kentucky

Tall, long­-limbed and athletic. Was used all over the field by Kentucky staff. Has 202 tackles during his two-year stint as starter. Has plus chase speed. Lateral quickness is a strength. Length and closing burst gives him extended range to make tackles. Has quick direction change to put himself in position for difficult open field finishes.

[ Edited by ivanm05 on Apr 25, 2016 at 2:40 PM ]
Replace Stanley with Jack or bosa and you got yourself a draft sir!

FYI I think Stanley will be the pick and I'm very underwhelmed about it
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 25, 2016 at 2:57 PM ]
very nice..you always post good mocks..i was just reading about Ricardo Louis..they say hes a big sleeper who played in a run heavy offense with bad QBs..6'2 ran 4.4..
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah I really think we'd go elsewhere but with Anthony Davis still not reinstated and with the importance of the offensive line in Chip Kelly's offense I think the #1 priority becomes to reinvent that offensive line. As unsexy as a Ronnie Stanley would be, I think it would be the one that helps this team the most.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah I really think we'd go elsewhere but with Anthony Davis still not reinstated and with the importance of the offensive line in Chip Kelly's offense I think the #1 priority becomes to reinvent that offensive line. As unsexy as a Ronnie Stanley would be, I think it would be the one that helps this team the most.

Your right about the need...I'm a big fan of brown and I'd hate to see his growth get pushed back but if Stanley is the stud he's supposed to be so be it. I'm not a fan to hear about his lack of passion though. Much rather have Jack, bosa, or Buckner and I think one will be there.
Nice mock
Originally posted by jersey49er:
very nice..you always post good mocks..i was just reading about Ricardo Louis..they say hes a big sleeper who played in a run heavy offense with bad QBs..6'2 ran 4.4..

Thanks A lot Jersey, glad you think so. Yeah I like Louis a lot. I think outside of Charone Peake, Louis is the one other big bodied receiver that has all the traits Chip likes in a receiver. I would be really happy if we chose him with one of our later picks.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice mock

Thanks Tohara!
If Bullard slips to us in the second and Carroo to us in the fourth I'll be in tears. Hopefully not because we passed over them!
Great job!!

While we have many needs, at the end of the day the offensive line is obviously the most glaring. Stanley may not be an exciting pick, but it may be the most sound one.

Jonathan Ballard is a legit first round talent imo. I think he's outstanding. So much so that if we were to trade back and accumulate more picks, I wouldn't mind him being our first selection.

Love Seumalo and his versatility, Caroo pick I like, Marshall as well. Forrest's size is intriguing for a ILB... wouldn't mind this at all.

This would be a fantastic draft, and I'm not even that high on Stanley. Just really liked what you did overall.
Best mock I've seen so far!
Well thought out, there could be a surprise with either Buckner, Bosa or Ramsey falling to us at 7. If they are gone and Stanley is there I could see us trading down and addressing the OL in the later rounds.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
If Bullard slips to us in the second and Carroo to us in the fourth I'll be in tears. Hopefully not because we passed over them!

Yeah. And I think Bullard has a very good opportunity of being there in the 2nd round, especially with so many others jumping up the boards like Chris Jones and Butler.
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Great job!!

While we have many needs, at the end of the day the offensive line is obviously the most glaring. Stanley may not be an exciting pick, but it may be the most sound one.

Jonathan Ballard is a legit first round talent imo. I think he's outstanding. So much so that if we were to trade back and accumulate more picks, I wouldn't mind him being our first selection.

Love Seumalo and his versatility, Caroo pick I like, Marshall as well. Forrest's size is intriguing for a ILB... wouldn't mind this at all.

Thanks... yeah a lot of intriguin prospects. I like Seumalo a lot too. Wouldn't mind grabbing him as high as 3.
Share 49ersWebzone