LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

With the draft a day away, which player are you hoping we select at #7?

With the draft a day away, which player are you hoping we select at #7?

Buckner
Stanley

Jack
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
When the 49ers were good, their offensive line and front seven was better than pretty much every team they went up against.
Originally posted by okdkid:
...or you could not be. If he goes in the top 10 -- then that team feels his knee is a non-issue. I will trust the final determination by that team's (whoever it is) medical staff over a bunch of tweets with anonymous sources.

His knee will never be a non-issue. If a team feels they can get 5 or 6 good years out of him and that the talent justifies it then they will roll the dice and take their chance as we've seen teams do in the past. Sometimes it has worked out, sometimes not.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 25, 2016 at 3:09 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
When the 49ers were good, their offensive line and front seven was better than pretty much every team they went up against.

Yup. That's the only other way to win if missing a top 5 QB.
buckner. Hard to pass up the chance to have such a dominating front 7
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
buckner. Hard to pass up the chance to have such a dominating front 7

He'll make everyone around him better.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Buckner
Buckner...best DL in the draft and an immediate impact player who'll help resurrect a strong front 3 we so desperately missed in 2015.
Jack, ILB is a greater. This draft is full of great DL prospects and that's a position Baalke drafts well at.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Buckner...best DL in the draft and an immediate impact player who'll help resurrect a strong front 3 we so desperately missed in 2015.

Buckner for me, with Stanley my second choice.

ILB is a bigger need than DE
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
ILB is a bigger need than DE

Says who?

Dial is a solid depth guy, just like Wilhoite is at ILB. Buckner is a guy who could come in and be a very good starter for a long time. Football games are still won in the trenches and with Armstead, Williams and Buckner the 49ers would have a good quality young DL moving forwards.
Out of that list, at #7, I'd take Buckner. That said, I'd hope we trade back for more picks. I'm not certain Buckner will be a better player than Butler, or Lawson a better player than Spence/Ogbah.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I would take VH3 instead. Out of the names mentioned, it would difficult to pass up on the opportunity to add Buckner to that DLine.

Like Wrathman said, trading back would be the best move.
Originally posted by Since07:
Jack, ILB is a greater. This draft is full of great DL prospects and that's a position Baalke drafts well at.

He is also good at drafting ILBs. Pretty much he is good at drafting front 7 personnel. Everything else not so much haha.

I really like Jack but we would have to be 100% positive that he is healthy and will stay healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone