There are 174 users in the forums

With the draft a day away, which player are you hoping we select at #7?

With the draft a day away, which player are you hoping we select at #7?

I didn't include Bosa, Ramsey, or Tunsil because I don't think they will be available. The players listed above are of the more popular favorites that have been discussed as potential picks in the draft war room.

[ Edited by YungAce on Apr 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM ]
I'm hoping for Noah Spence but Buckner out of your list.
I'm rooting for them to take Jack (draft crush 1a), but anyone on that list would be nice.
If you stay at 7 I vote for Buckner
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Buckner
Jack
BOSA!!! it will happen! BELIEVE NINER NATION!
Buckner ueber allen

Jack
Buckner
Jack
Trade down Shaq
In that order 😎

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Jack

She later added;"For 2-5 years until his knees finally give out."
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Stay away from Myles, please.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Tough call between Jack and Buckner. Went Jack. Supreme talent with #1 LB in NFL material. Knee issues overblown by hungry teams out of top 10.

Even if knee issues prove to be true (doubtful) it's, at worst, one offseason's worth off recovery. Too good to pass up at 7.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Even if knee issues prove to be true (doubtful) it's, at worst, one offseason's worth off recovery. Too good to pass up at 7.

If what they are saying is true about his knees, the issue isnt recovery but deterioration, where he could be physically unable to go in a matter of years and its impossible to predict how fast it happens. It could be 10 years, it could be 2 years and any additional injury would greatly exacerbate the issue.

You could be spending a Top 10 pick on a guy who is done 2-3 years from now. Nobody can say for certain in either direction.

That is where each medical staff and each front office have to determine how risk-averse they are willing to be.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If what they are saying is true about his knees, the issue isnt recovery but deterioration, where he could be physically unable to go in a matter of years and its impossible to predict how fast it happens. It could be 10 years, it could be 2 years and any additional injury would greatly exacerbate the issue.

You could be spending a Top 10 pick on a guy who is done 2-3 years from now.

...or you could not be. If he goes in the top 10 -- then that team feels his knee is a non-issue. I will trust the final determination by that team's (whoever it is) medical staff over a bunch of tweets with anonymous sources.

To be clear, what I'm saying is that if Jack goes high then it's very likely (almost a certainty) that the reports about his long term prospects were dramatically over blown by teams looking for Jack to fall.
[ Edited by okdkid on Apr 25, 2016 at 3:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone