LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 184 users in the forums

Yay Area's Mock #3

1. First round: No. 7………………………….................................DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
2. Second round: No. 6 (37)………………...................................Josh Garnett, G, Stanford
3. Third round: No. 5 (68)……………………................................Joe Haeg, T, North Dakota State
4. Third Round (Broncos comp pick/Kaep trade): No. 35 (98)......Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame
4. Fourth round: No. 7 (105)………………..................................Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
5. Fourth round (Comp pick for Chris Culliver): No. 35 (133)…..Tyler Ervin, RB, San Jose State
6. Fifth round (Chargers 2015 draft-day trade): No. 3 (142)…....Nick Vigil, LB, Utah State
7. Fifth round: No. 6 (145)……………………………....................Isaac Seumalo, C/G, Oregon State
8. Fifth round (Comp pick for Perrish Cox): No. 37 (174)………Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford
9. Sixth round (Cowboys 2015 draft-day trade): No. 3 (178).....Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia
10. Sixth round (Broncos/Vernon Davis trade): No. 32 (207)....Dadi Nicholas, LB, Virginia Tech
11. Sixth round (Comp pick for Frank Gore): No. 36 (211)…...Deiondre Hall, CB, Northern Iowa
12. Sixth round (Comp pick for Dan Skuta): No. 38 (213)……Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia

I still believe that Kap will end up being traded and that we will go into the season with Gabbert as our starter. But regardless of who is the starting QB, the main purpose of this draft is to solidify both sides of the line of scrimmage, and provide depth on both sides of the ball. In my last mock, I included two running backs and I have done the same here. I just believe we need a talent upgrade. Mike Davis didn't do much and while Draughn and Harris played decent last year, I believe we need to give Chip some better talent to work with.

QB: Gabbert/Hogan/Lewis
RB: Hyde/Davis/Ervin/Marshall/Draughn/Harris
FB: Miller
TE: McDonald/Celek/Bell/Anderson

WR: Smelter/Rogers
WR: To. Smith/Ellington
WR: Patton/Listenbee

LT: Staley/Brown
LG: Beadles/Thomas/Devey
C: Kilgore/Seumalo
RG: Garnett/Martin/Tiller
RT: Haeg/Brown

LE: Buckner/Dorsey
NT: Dial/Williams/Purcell/Ramsey
RE: Armstead/Jerod-Eddie

OLB: Brooks/Harold/Nicholas
ILB: Bowman/Wilhoite
ILB: Vigil/Hodges/Skov
OLB: Lynch/Carradine

CB: Brock/Hall/Canady
CB: Johnson/Acker/Reaser
FS: Reid/Ward
SS: Bethea/Tartt/McCray

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson

IR: J. Smith
well done I like this a lot
Several guys here I also had on my mock Hogan Marshall Garnett Hal,l like Haeg and Jaylon -who knows if Buckner will be there but nice job!
Love the late round CB picks. Hall has insane length and Canady is a sleeper pick for sure. Any scenario where we get Buckner and don't have to trade up for him is a win in my book.

Solid mock. Gets an A from me and I hope Baalke does something similar
very good mock!
Like it just seems a little early for haeg.
Hogan is going to be a backup in the league for a few years. He won't be a starter.
Nicely done! I do think Seumalo should be taken with our first 5th round pick tho
Outside of your WR pick I like it...I don't see Hogan as a starter in this league solid backup and I'm cool with that....QB will have to be addressed hard in 2017.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Outside of your WR pick I like it...I don't see Hogan as a starter in this league solid backup and I'm cool with that....QB will have to be addressed hard in 2017.

Maybe not lets see how our guys do with Chip

Originally posted by KajunNiner:

Regardless Kap is likley to be gone before 2017 and Blaine is a FA gonna need something there. Not saying they can't sign Blaine if he plays well but we need competition and just hogan isn't gonna cut it with all the other teams in our division either having their franchise guy or the Rams making a big move to get theirs.
Originally posted by KajunNiner:

Regardless Kap is likley to be gone before 2017 and Blaine is a FA gonna need something there. Not saying they can't sign Blaine if he plays well but we need competition and just hogan isn't gonna cut it with all the other teams in our division either having their franchise guy or the Rams making a big move to get theirs.

In a previous mock, I had us taking Goff. But with the trades that have happened, we will not be in a position to draft a QB of the future, unless something crazy happens and we trade up to one or two. Regardless we still need a backup QB and I don't feel comfortable going in with Thad Lewis as our number two, assuming Kap is traded. I do agree that Hogan is likely not a starter in the league. And if even if Kap isn't traded, I still feel we need to invest in a QB this year and next year.
I wouldn't mind getting Prescott in the mid to late 3rd round if he's there. I love Buckner at 7 if he's there, after that, I'm cool with Garnett in the 2nd, but we might be able to trade down a little in the 2nd, and still get him. I don't want to come out of this draft with 12 guys, I just don't. Why do we need to draft 2 RB's, when there is NO WAY Baalke will let M. Davis not make the 53 man next year? Also we don't need any CB's in this draft, we have more than enough currently on the team, and some quality guys battling already to make the team (Cromartie, and more). The things I think we really need, is a elite DE (Buckner), G/T (Garnett, someone else), then it should be about moving up and getting guys that slide, that fit what we need. I personally would like to see us wheel and deal a little early on and walk out of this draft with like 4-5 five guys in the first 3 rounds, and then our comp picks, since we can't deal those yet.

We need quality, not quantity.
Great mock!!!
Nice mock!

I'm loving that multiple posters have Isaac Seumalo in their drafts. I think he's going to be excellent value for someone in rd 3 or 4. Hopefully us.
Share 49ersWebzone