LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

49ers shopping 7th overall pick?

Ill swap 1sts with the Jets for Wilk under the pretense they trade their next yrs 1st for our 2nd and Kap.

Jets get #7, #37, Kap
For
Wilk and two 1sts
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
I'd rather trade the 7 pick and a 4th with Jax and get Tunsil.. They'll still get Jack, we get a quality right tackle that can slide over to the left once Staley retires...

Or just stay at 7 and get Stanley I'm not on board for drafting a OT at 7 let alone giving up picks

Stanley scares me. Reports say he has a questionable desire for the game and a questionable work ethic. Could pull an Anthony Davis and quit football and the team in a few years.. I want a football guy with our top ten pick, someone that loves the game.
if we can get wilkerson.....fine

but we need blue chip players in the 1st round. this rebuild is gonna take awhile.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Stanley scares me. Reports say he has a questionable desire for the game and a questionable work ethic. Could pull an Anthony Davis and quit football and the team in a few years.. I want a football guy with our top ten pick, someone that loves the game.

If we take Stanley there is no question he lacks desire and or has a questionable work ethic. I have mentioned it like 20 times now but our OL coach and RS's OL coach at ND are brother in laws and former teammates.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
We need impact players, day 1 starters or season 1 impact players.

Fortunately, those can be found all throughout the 1st round and even through the 2nd this year. This a deep draft for defensive talent.

Not moving up for a tackle. I don't want to draft one at 7 to begin with.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

If we take Stanley there is no question he lacks desire and or has a questionable work ethic. I have mentioned it like 20 times now but our OL coach and RS's OL coach at ND are brother in laws and former teammates.

Didn't know that
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Didn't know that

Yeah, Flaherty got all the goods on Stanley.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
True, but it also depends on what kind of contract Wilkerson is willing to sign. Also I'm sure we'd get a little more than just the #20 pick and Wilkerson for our number 7 pick. Perhaps not too much more, but perhaps a mid round pick? If Buckner is off the board, then I'm game to trade the 7 for what ever the best package is. Perhaps we could move down a couple times, and still get what we want? Perhaps we trade down with Miami, gets some picks there, and then make the Jets deal if Lynch is still there for them, so we can double our ammo while still getting a stud DE in Wilkerson+who ever slides to 20, or Billings?

this would be pretty bad ass.

Not moving up for a tackle. I don't want to draft one at 7 to begin with.

Gotta ask why are you so opposed to taking an elite left tackle at 7?
I always thought a value pick in the top 10 was a QB, Pass rusher or Left Tackle.
Considering Tunsil would also be best player available, that could fill our immediate need at right tackle with a view to move to left tackle when Staley leaves makes a lot of sense..

Gotta ask why are you so opposed to taking an elite left tackle at 7?
I always thought a value pick in the top 10 was a QB, Pass rusher or Left Tackle.
Considering Tunsil would also be best player available, that could fill our immediate need at right tackle with a view to move to left tackle when Staley leaves makes a lot of sense..

Not moving up for one we need talent all over and there will be talent at 7 regardless. Also I simply feel the defensive prospects are better then Stanley if tunsil is there at 7 I'm fine with that but not giving up picks nope.

If Jack at 7 take him
Not moving up for one we need talent all over and there will be talent at 7 regardless. Also I simply feel the defensive prospects are better then Stanley if tunsil is there at 7 I'm fine with that but not giving up picks nope.

Grabbing an OT makes too much sense. Buckner will be long gone, Jack scratched from our board apparently, Chance that Tunsil slides, Stanley should be there at #7 and/or we trade back a few spots and grab Conklin.

Our offensive line was the weakest unit on the field last year. Time to fix this.
Share 49ersWebzone