LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

49ers shopping 7th overall pick?

Originally posted by pdizo916:
If we move back, Tennessee would make ALOT of sense. They have a hard-on for Stanley and he will be there at 7. Tennesee has a s**t load of picks and could easily trade them to the niners to move up. It's a win-win for both teams.

I just hope that if we do trade back, that Buckner and Tunsil will be gone. Those two players are impact players and instant starters. Bosa, Jack and Ramsey are iffy starters IMO.

They should have options with teams like Miami, the Jets and Tennessee potentially looking to move up.
There will be no one there at 20 that would justify a trade out of the top 10. It'd take #20 #51 and next yrs 1st for me to even consider it.
Id be curious to see how many #7 picks compared to say #20 were starters. Better yet, how many players at 7 are as good as Wilkerson
If we get wilkerson I'm down for that.
I'd rather trade the 7 pick and a 4th with Jax and get Tunsil.. They'll still get Jack, we get a quality right tackle that can slide over to the left once Staley retires...
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
Id be curious to see how many #7 picks compared to say #20 were starters. Better yet, how many players at 7 are as good as Wilkerson

The last 3 times we picked at #7 we got Bryant Young, Andre Carter, and Aldon Smith. Two elite players and another who was very good to great and hung around the NFL for several years after leaving here.

That is a good point on Wilkerson though. The only 3-4 that you could say is clearly better is Watt.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 25, 2016 at 10:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Since07:
There will be no one there at 20 that would justify a trade out of the top 10. It'd take #20 #51 and next yrs 1st for me to even consider it.

We could move up a few spots and get Lawson. Or draft Billings. With Ian's future up in the air a new NT makes some sense. AA-Billings-Wilk
Originally posted by jreff22:
We could move up a few spots and get Lawson. Or draft Billings. With Ian's future up in the air a new NT makes some sense. AA-Billings-Wilk

Oh lawd.....

DL would be set for years.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Since07:

Yea you garuntee Billings at 20 that'd be hard to pass up
True, but it also depends on what kind of contract Wilkerson is willing to sign. Also I'm sure we'd get a little more than just the #20 pick and Wilkerson for our number 7 pick. Perhaps not too much more, but perhaps a mid round pick? If Buckner is off the board, then I'm game to trade the 7 for what ever the best package is. Perhaps we could move down a couple times, and still get what we want? Perhaps we trade down with Miami, gets some picks there, and then make the Jets deal if Lynch is still there for them, so we can double our ammo while still getting a stud DE in Wilkerson+who ever slides to 20, or Billings?

Originally posted by btthepunk:
The last 3 times we picked at #7 we got Bryant Young, Andre Carter, and Aldon Smith. Two elite players and another who was very good to great and hung around the NFL for several years after leaving here.

That is a good point on Wilkerson though. The only 3-4 that you could say is clearly better is Watt.

I look at the history of the picks. Sure you have a better chance at getting a good players at 7, but does it really matter? The first three work out great because they are the same position

I'll go #7 pick vs #20

2015: Kevin White vs Nelson Agholor

2014: Mike Evans vs Brandon Cooks

2013: Jonathan Cooper vs Kyle Long

2012: Mark Barron vs Kendall Wright

2011: Aldon Smith vs Adrian Clayborn

2010: Joe Hayden vs Kareem Jackson

And that's just AT those specific spots. Alex Mack was the 21st pick, for example.
Is there a huge drop off from Bucklner to Lawson, Dodd or Butler?
Is there a huge drop off from Stanley to Decker or Ifedi?

Scouts inc, not the end all be all, I get that, but their grades are the 6th through 8th players are graded at a 92, and their 16th through 22nd players are graded at a 90. losing two points on a draft grade is easily worth grabbing an extra 2nd to either use, or combine with something to move up again. I guess I'd rather have a 90, a 87 and an 85 or a 90 and an 89 than a 92 and one 87
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Joecool:
We are one player away from solidifying one of 4 units and making them very strong: OL, DL, LB, Secondary.

They could draft Anthony Munoz at tackle and I still dont think the OL would be "very strong."

After last year's debacle, anything would be an improvement really but I dont see any single player addition making that unit "very strong."

This
Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
I'd rather trade the 7 pick and a 4th with Jax and get Tunsil.. They'll still get Jack, we get a quality right tackle that can slide over to the left once Staley retires...

Or just stay at 7 and get Stanley I'm not on board for drafting a OT at 7 let alone giving up picks
All I know that the 49ers are sitting pretty at 7, but Baalke will find a way to screw it up.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Or just stay at 7 and get Stanley I'm not on board for drafting a OT at 7 let alone giving up picks

I agree. No reason to trade up for Tunsil when Stanley and Conklin are literally just as good or better. I think people are getting hung up on names and not scheme fit and talent
Share 49ersWebzone