LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner vs. Jack Conklin

I watched the Buckner vs Conklin tape posted at the beginning of the thread. I came away with a different opinion of Buckner than the op. MSU did a lot of double teaming, either with 2 OL or RB help out of the backfield. One on one it looked even. There were plays Conklin held his own, but there were also plays Buckner got into the backfield. No matter how you perceive the film, you can't deny that MSU signaled out Buckner as the best player on that defense. They ran the ball away from him and not at him. Also a lot of quick passing plays to slow him down.

With AA on one side, Buckner on the other, Williams at nt, and either Lynch or Brooks coming off the edge, there will be plenty of one on one's for Buckner. I have complete faith in him in those situations.

Technique at the next level can always be taught. You can't teach the speed, size, and strength Buckner has. There's an old saying in basketball...you can't teach 7 feet. The same applies to the physical skills of Buckner. Can't teach it.
[ Edited by SisterFister on Apr 24, 2016 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Where did you hear AD isn't coming back?

Until he comes back, no point in counting on him, I doubt that the team is. Davis runs his mouth a lot but just spent the past 11 months on the couch, when/if he files for reinstatement, he'll be worth talking about, otherwise he's just a dude who quit on the team and then spent a bunch of time ranting on Twitter.
Fair. But the reality is that there is a decent chance that position will be filled by a young viable player. When we have tons of other need positions that 100% will not be filled by young viable players, I'd rather address those unless we're getting an elite player like Tunsil.
Share 49ersWebzone