LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Reality check mock draft position for a rookie foreign kid

• MFWIC
  • Veteran
Lots of post on mock drafts as well, so thought I would post this

A mock draft position is not a reality I know, theoretical at best I know. Different sport I know. But given that it's draft season and not much else happening in the Hayne world...

Hayne had these stats in his rookie year.

2006 was his rookie year, unlike college where it's kids v kids. He was playing in elite level as a kid v men. Was named rookie of the year as well.

But if you took Haynes stats as runner in the NRL on his first years of grade as measured by "hit ups" to meters gained, converted to yards per carry and averaged it out.

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/playerstats/playerprofile/tabid/10898/clubid/9/playerid/468/seasonid/2/default.aspx

That would make his average yards per carry of 10.47 yards and 1.1 TD per game.

Where would that put him in say this years draft for RB if he was out of college?
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Lots of post on mock drafts as well, so thought I would post this

A mock draft position is not a reality I know, theoretical at best I know. Different sport I know. But given that it's draft season and not much else happening in the Hayne world...

Hayne had these stats in his rookie year.

2006 was his rookie year, unlike college where it's kids v kids. He was playing in elite level as a kid v men. Was named rookie of the year as well.

But if you took Haynes stats as runner in the NRL on his first years of grade as measured by "hit ups" to meters gained, converted to yards per carry and averaged it out.

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/playerstats/playerprofile/tabid/10898/clubid/9/playerid/468/seasonid/2/default.aspx

That would make his average yards per carry of 10.47 yards and 1.1 TD per game.

Where would that put him in say this years draft for RB if he was out of college?

Why is this a thread? Rugby stats dont transfer to football stats, very different games.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Why is this a thread? Rugby stats dont transfer to football stats, very different games.

Come on a RB averaging 10 yards a carry happens all the time.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

It's a mock draft post. Placed plenty of comments and waivers to reality....

With a question for our learned friends knowing the draft.
[ Edited by MFWIC on Apr 23, 2016 at 5:29 PM ]
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Come on a RB averaging 10 yards a carry happens all the time.

What and who has the best stats from the RB potentials in the draft this year?

Well it's Given it's not a direct comparison with stats re Hayne in NRL I get that.just a topic to discuss,

Though when I looked up MIKE davis stats at North Carolina who,we drafted his average was 6.1 yards per carry.
[ Edited by MFWIC on Apr 23, 2016 at 5:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone