There are 305 users in the forums

Drafts needs prioritized and Final Mock

Here's how I view our positional needs headed into draft week. I'm prioritizing by my view on our current depth chart. We have went from a top 3 to a bottom 3 roster in 2 years. Holes everywhere

1. The right side of the offensive line. Not saying we take an OL in the first round but if we can't keep whoever our QB is upright, or open running lanes, how many points our D gives up won't matter. Is Anthony Davis coming back? Is he ready to start at RT? Can we move him to guard and draft a kid to play RT now and replace Joe later? Or do we count on him being 100% and draft a gaurd at some point? One or the other or both

2. Wide Reciever- Torrey Smith is a deep threat number 2. He's now our #1. I'm not sure we have another legit NFL starter on our roster. I'm more intrigued by Rogers and Smelter then I am confident in our guys in front of them on the depth chart. We need a guy who can be part of offense immediately.

3. Inside Linebacker- Bowman needs an understudy like he was to Willis. And heaven forbid Bow get hurt again. I see us drafting a difference maker in rounds 3-4

4. Defensive Line- Before WILLIAMS failed his physical we could have felt pretty good here. I'm not big on AA and think he was both the wrong selection and not played enough. But hey lets just start our #1 from last year from day 1 and hope I eat my words. Meanwhile with chip on board our depth is important. 5-6 guys should play each game and we need a talent upgrade here up and down the d chart. Early, mid, or late I see us going after this spot in what is a deep spot in this draft

5. Quarterback- you could list it number 1 but we suck. The top 2 guys will be over drafted IMO and we have so many holes I'd prefer to draft a developmental guy we may just get lucky on. Kap or Gabbert start this year, but we need to groom at least a serviceable backup who maybe ends up more.

6T. Cornerback, outside linebacker- I've listed these as tied because to me the positional depth chart is similar. Both positions have both average veteran starters and a lot of young depth. I'd be fine taking a stud at either position in round 1 or 2. If not I prefer to wait and take a late round flier on someone....either position could be ignored all together as well.

7. RB- I had 3 buddies get phone calls to play RB for the 49ers last year. Joking. Seriously tho everyone seems to have 3 running backs you actually watched in college. Is our Hyde even healthy? Will he stay that way? I could see taking 2 if we keep near 12 picks.

Positions we are set on include K, P, Safety, TE, FB

My mock shakes out like this

1. Buckner- he's BPA and a clear cut #1 at his position. It came down to him over the available OT's Conklin and Stanley, Hargreaves at CB, treadwell at WR, and Lawson at OLB

2. Germain Ifedi- OT Texas Tech, if one of the WR's was here I'd pounce then go for a gaurd in round 3. But the big guys aren't all created equal

3. Deion Jones ILB LSU-the 3rd is a sweet spot for this position. Scooby Wright is another we could look at here. Jones while a tad undersized can fly. Next to bow we need a guy to cover. Done

4a. Charone Peake WR Clemson- at each pick a different WR will be considered. Here in the 4th we take the best one on our board. This position still has questions but so does QB so maybe next years draft or cap space or one of our young guys emerges

4b. Dak Prescott QB Miss St- doubt he ever becomes a starter but I thought the same of Gabbert this time last year and he may be our guy this season. I have us trading up with a late 4th, early 5th and late 6th here

5a.Tyler Ervin RB SJSU- 5th seems like the right spot for a RB. I also like Kenyon Drake and Kieth Marshall as options

5b- traded up for Dak

5c. DJ Reader NT Clemson- not a Clemson guy btw. We grab a couple unsung guys from the team Bama beat this year....

6a. Victor Ochi OLB Stony Brook- flier on a small school guy

6b. Traded up for Dak

6c. Joe Dahl OG Wash St- it's crazy to me none of the 3rd rounders from the last few years are considered starters by now. Plug in another name if you like. I just see us taking 2 O lineman in this draft

6d. Our mr irellevent I'll leave off. One less thing for y'all to disagree with me about...

Can't wait for next week! No more mocks for me. I've used all the rankings. They are all very different early and late. I've devised a consensus and think I mocked fairly. I know most of you think Dak gets drafted sooner but he's ranked around the 140th best player in this draft so I both drafted appropriately and put a trade there to show we could potentially get him earlier. Show me some love
[ Edited by davidboutte on Apr 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM ]
I like your first seven pics very much good job man
Like your draft and really like you used those low round picks to trade up
Thx guys
Isn't 4b our 4th round comp pick?

Everything else looks great!
Love it, but an OT isn't going to play. Swap that 2nd with Whitehair or Garnett and it's much prettier
No way that Joe Dahl goes that far down in the draft. I see him as a 3rd rounder right now, he's drawn some rave reviews. He's a good fit at guard or center for any number of teams.

Hat tip to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline for providing us Dahl's busy itinerary. The analyst reported, in addition, that his sources in the league now believe Dahl will go on Day 2 (Rds. 2-3). Dahl graded out as PFF's No. 1 pass-protecting tackle in each of the past two seasons. Some see him as a G
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

yes it is, or should be.
  • Elric
  • Veteran
I loved the way you explained our needs and addressed them. A+

what about OLB we have 1 pass rusher with cred ???
Would love this if it happens

4b this is a pick attained in a trade
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No way that Joe Dahl goes that far down in the draft. I see him as a 3rd rounder right now, he's drawn some rave reviews. He's a good fit at guard or center for any number of teams.

Hat tip to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline for providing us Dahl's busy itinerary. The analyst reported, in addition, that his sources in the league now believe Dahl will go on Day 2 (Rds. 2-3). Dahl graded out as PFF's No. 1 pass-protecting tackle in each of the past two seasons. Some see him as a G

Thx for the info. I noted this was a spot to plug another name in. If we take a tackle early I'd prefer a gaurd late. Dahl is listed as a tackle in some rankings, a gaurd in others. He had a great career at tackle but is considered a gaurd prospect. I haven't seen him rated day 2 at either spot.

If you are confident A Davis comes back and is ready for RT, a gaurd makes more sense in the 2-3 round. I'm not that confident. It played out like this for me. What if Davis isn't ready and Staley got hurt? Answer; time to draft a tackle
Originally posted by davidboutte:

4b this is a pick attained in a trade
Originally posted by Elric:
I loved the way you explained our needs and addressed them. A+

what about OLB we have 1 pass rusher with cred ???

We kept all our cap space so Brooks will be back. Lynch, Harold and Tank all are there. As explained if we draft a stud in rounds 1 or 2 that can start, great. Lemonier is a bust and gets cut IMO
Originally posted by strickac:
Love it, but an OT isn't going to play. Swap that 2nd with Whitehair or Garnett and it's much prettier

Who's our right tackle? Davis????
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Originally posted by strickac:

Who's our right tackle? Davis????

Brown.
Share 49ersWebzone