LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

OT LeRaven Clark

I keep seeing this guy getting taken in the mid to late 1st round. Problem is I remember watching some of his tape months ago and he seemed like a mid-late round pick type of guy.
Anyone know why he's being regarded so high?
Upside guy all the way. I cant see him being good value before the 3rd round. Without the measurables he is just a guy that lacks fundamentals.

Relying almost entirely on sheer athleticism will only get you so far in the NFL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Upside guy all the way. I cant see him being good value before the 3rd round. Without the measurables he is just a guy that lacks fundamentals.

Relying almost entirely on sheer athleticism will only get you so far in the NFL.

I figured it would be something like that.

Let's hope we stay clear in the first 3/4 rounds
I'd be pumped if this guy falls to our 3rd round pick and we take him. I'd be pretty happy if we decide to trade up or back into the late 2nd to draft him. We need depth and he has the upside to not only replace Joe Staley at LT, but be just as good. I'm all for these types of high upside players who may not be able to contribute in 2016. We're going to stink anyways, so we may as well try to put together the best team we can in 2018.

This guy's arms are almost as long as Tyron Smith's (36 1/8" to 36 3/8") and he is a pretty good athlete. And his hands are a little bigger than DeForest Buckner's (11 7/8"). If Cedric Ogbuehi gets drafted in the first for upside (mostly arm length) despite having injury problems, this guy will likely be drafted in the 2nd round. We can afford to sit him out behind Staley for a couple years and hope he can compete at RT, play swing tackle, or provide depth.
Share 49ersWebzone