LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 180 users in the forums

The Perfect Draft 2016

Guys and gals, this is it, the 2 perfect draft for 49ers: I'll be freaking ecstatic is this were to come true: What do you guys think?

Scenario 1:
1st: D.Buckner, DL, Ore
2nd: Garnett, OG, Stan/ V. Alexander, OG LSU
3rd: Dak Prescott, QB, MsSt
4th: Blake Martinez, ILB, Stan

Scenario 2:

1st: M.Jack, LB, UCLA

2nd: Garnett, OG, Stan/ or V. Alexander, OG, LSU

3rd: Carl Nassib, DL, PennSt

4th: K, Hogan, QB, Stan / or Jeff Driskel, QB, LouTech
Both look good but I think I like Scenario 1 better. I like Jack better than Buckner but I am just worried about his injury. As we all know Baalke doesn't have a good history drafting injured players. If Jack is 100% healthy I would go with 2. We need ILB more than linemen.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Both look good but I think I like Scenario 1 better. I like Jack better than Buckner but I am just worried about his injury. As we all know Baalke doesn't have a good history drafting injured players. If Jack is 100% healthy I would go with 2. We need ILB more than linemen.

I agree, we need ILB, but worry he might be gone by 7th pick.
scenario 1 without a doubt
I like Nassib but he is a better fit for a 4-3 team.
Games are won and lost in the trenches. The Niners D-Line is NOT strong. Scenario 1 is my preference
Scenario 1 and it's not close.
I think we could get Dak in the 4th
Wouldn't say its perfect but #1 is way better.
Why Martinez when we already have Skov. Skov was a lot better than Martinez coming out.

More than half of the zones mocks have us taking Garnett. Because of this there is 0% chance we take him
SOLD!

Scenario 1 - Come on Down.
I've seen some mock drafts having the 49ers draft an OL Ronnie Stanley from ND. I'm sure he is, but I really want someone that could be a game changer at #7. Someone like DeBuckner or Jack that could play now. Just wait on OL later on the second round.

Please do not draft that Memphis QB, Paxton Lynch. as some draft mocks I've seen. I'll be highly, highly upset!!!
I'm down for most drafts that start with Buckner and Garnett, it will be interesting to see if we trade down a little in the 2nd to take Garnett or which ever G we like (Whitehair or others) ? Prescott I like, but not early 3rd, he's be another guy I'd try to trade down a little, and a lot would depend on who has been drafting QB's and who hasn't, also how many are off the board by then.

I only want to come out of this draft with 6-8 players drafted. We're rebuilding, so we need more young players, but we need QUALITY young guys, and not just quantity. That's why I'm pretty much always on board for moving down a little and getting more picks, assuming that when you move down your guy you were targeting is still there. It's a bit of a gamble at times, but getting more picks generally helps long term, especially when you're able to trade those later picks for players teams might want to shed (Boldin) or for a better pick in the draft the following year.

All those 5th and 6th round picks would look nice next year as 4th and 5th round picks, not saying we'll trade them all that way, but if we're able to move down a litlle in the 2nd and 3rd, while still getting quality guys at positions of need, while also acquiring more picks in 2016 or 2017, would allow us to continue having draft capital not only this year, but in years to come. 12 guys won't make this roster this year, so why not get future picks for some of those picks?
What if we drafted Ezekiel Elliot? I know everyone is saying Buckner, or bosa, or whoever but what if Hyde doesn't stay healthy and we can't depend on him? Who then?

It would be crazy and he might not even fall that far but it would be sick
Share 49ersWebzone