LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Dream Scenario..We can Dream..Right..?

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If you're going to dream, dream big. That's a lot of activity and money changing hands in the next 7 days. Would be awesome if it happened.

Yeah the crazy thing to me is its all possible and the 49ers would still have money left lol
Why the hate for Brooks, and why do we have to cut him when we have National-Debt-sized Cap Room?

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
If you could throw in Keyarris Garrett into this draft I would shed a tear of happiness

Sure it's a dream scenario lol take out Haeg and replace him with Garrett or trade for another 3rd bc that's where I think he goes mid-late 3rd..
As bad as Marcus Martin has played so far in his career, I think it's a mistake to cut bait on a 22 year old 3rd round pick with 22 starts under his belt, who can also play guard and center.

I know he's been flat out terrible, but imo it's a rash decision to let him go. His cap hit this year is only $822,000 and next year it's only $945,000. Despite his play, his experience alone is worth more than that on the open market. He will get scooped up very quickly. He isn't a head case like Jonathan Martin, he just needs more time to develop.

He's only 9 months older than Garnett. And he's 4 months younger than Joe Haeg, with two more years experience at the next level. Perspective.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Regarding Boldin: It's not that Boldin is waiting to see how things shake out with the Niners. It's that the Niners aren't sure they want him. They haven't offered him anything, per Baalke. No reason to bring Boldin back. Smelter will need playing time, and you have to assume we will get another WR via the draft.

That said -- good work. I liked the draft.

I just feel if every mo e I mentioned was done then they would think bigger picture bc of the potential and want 2 veteran wrs with the youngings
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'd rather go WR sooner if we get DE and CB signed to big deals. Boldin isn't coming back. No need for Reader if we get Wilk (just throw Dial in there).

rather go after Mitchell in the 5th.

I mean if anything like this happens

Yeah I was thinking going WR in the 3rd bc Davis is back in my mock and the way Williams injury history is I'd still go with Reader plus the fact they will rotate a lot bc of all the time they will be on the field due to chips high tempo offense
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Why the hate for Brooks, and why do we have to cut him when we have National-Debt-sized Cap Room?

I cut him only bc it's something I can truly see happening only bc of all the money spent..it would ease spending all that cash
Originally posted by SisterFister:
As bad as Marcus Martin has played so far in his career, I think it's a mistake to cut bait on a 22 year old 3rd round pick with 22 starts under his belt, who can also play guard and center.

I know he's been flat out terrible, but imo it's a rash decision to let him go. His cap hit this year is only $822,000 and next year it's only $945,000. Despite his play, his experience alone is worth more than that on the open market. He will get scooped up very quickly. He isn't a head case like Jonathan Martin, he just needs more time to develop.

He's only 9 months older than Garnett. And he's 4 months younger than Joe Haeg, with two more years experience at the next level. Perspective.

Yeah I'm torn on him too..but idk who he would beat out on the 53 considering a lot can play center too..
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I like everything except for the compensation we give the Jets for Wilkerson. I think moving from 7 is a bad idea. Would rather trade a 3rd and/or 4th round pick for Wilk,

No way Wilk gets traded for a 3rd..49ers 2nd I don't think gets it done..has to be a swap of 1st
I think Davis contract number is 3 million for this season depending on how much signing bonus he can get back. I also doubt we would sign anyone because Balke would have to give of his 6th round comp pick we get for Boone. I would love to get Wilkerson but his contract will be at least what Malik Jackson got. I would love both deals especially considering we won't have any players getting big contracts over the next few years. We could afford it especially if we trade Kap, Bethea, Brooks and cut Pears and Devey.

Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I think Davis contract number is 3 million for this season depending on how much signing bonus he can get back. I also doubt we would sign anyone because Balke would have to give of his 6th round comp pick we get for Boone. I would love to get Wilkerson but his contract will be at least what Malik Jackson got. I would love both deals especially considering we won't have any players getting big contracts over the next few years. We could afford it especially if we trade Kap, Bethea, Brooks and cut Pears and Devey.

Yeah I was just reading Norman is looking for a huge long term deal and at 29 yrs old Baalke is not giving that to him..I don't think..but this mock was just for fun and trying to do what everyone wished would happen..and like I said before even after all the big moves the 49ers would still have a lot of money heading into the season to roll over to next..so it's all possible but very doubtful..
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Jets for Muhammed Wilkerson who signs 6 yr 90 Million

Vernon signed for 5 year at 85...Mo will get more than that. So your contract offer is off, more like 5 years 95+ mill.

Yup!
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I like everything except for the compensation we give the Jets for Wilkerson. I think moving from 7 is a bad idea. Would rather trade a 3rd and/or 4th round pick for Wilk,

No way Wilk gets traded for a 3rd..49ers 2nd I don't think gets it done..has to be a swap of 1st

Throw in the rights for Anthony Davis.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I would offer that to the Jets in a blitzkrieg!!

7th sport for their 20th and Wilkerson..
  • fan49
  • Veteran
would be a dream but kaep is not starting
Share 49ersWebzone