LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

Mitch Matthews

I don't care what the perception is of him and not being able to beat press coverage, he's going to be a really good player. And I don't care what the perception is of prospects who have served missions. And I don't care how his athleticism is viewed, he has great athleticism as to which will be demonstrated in the coming years. As a caveat, I also think Bronson Kaufusi, also of BYU, is everything Trent Baalke proclaimed Arik Armstead to be and then some (whom was an actual impact player on the basketball team, is an actual 4 down player and has crazy speed to power potential)
Matthews has much better explosion than you would think, long speed to run away from opponents, and can catch anything thrown his way. Do not be deceived by what analysts will tell you. He's the complete package.
And be sure to watch all the way to the end to answer questions about athleticism.

[ Edited by bdub2588 on Apr 20, 2016 at 4:55 PM ]
He's like 25 isn't he? So that's a knock against him. And he's skinny at 222. Needs to put in like 10-15 lbs. That'd move into TE area. Think he could develop into a move TE similar to Derek Carrier though.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
He's like 25 isn't he? So that's a knock against him. And he's skinny at 222. Needs to put in like 10-15 lbs. That'd move into TE area. Think he could develop into a move TE similar to Derek Carrier though.

He put on weight for his pro day( weight fluctuated throughout year around 210-215 lbs in highlights). And though he'd be effective in those types of roles he's best on the outside.
[ Edited by bdub2588 on Apr 20, 2016 at 6:19 PM ]
Pro day: 40: 4.49 20ss: 4.25 Vertical: 36 inch.
I don't care that he is 25, 5-7 years of good WR play is fine by me. I'm down
He is going to be on the bubble in the draft, but the phone should be ringing a LOT toward the back end of the draft when teams are contacting priority free agents.
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Pro day: 40: 4.49 20ss: 4.25 Vertical: 36 inch.

Wow. He can run too fast at 4.49 :40 yards?! Wow. Are you seriously? He is very good a tall and good speed his feets. I might interested at him. Hope we should grab him at 5th round.
He looked like not afraid to get the hits. Maybe.. who is he.. anyway. We should suggest to Baalke that we should grab him at 5th round.
Share 49ersWebzone