There are 179 users in the forums

WHEN should we draft a QB?

WHEN should we draft a QB?

whenever we can get that guy from stanford, Hulk Hogan
Hacklenburg could be a steal to work behind gabbert
Hogan also
Dak Prescott in the 3rd round would be great. Outside of that I'd look at Driskell or Hackenberg in the 4th round.
No earlier than the 3rd. Adams in the 4th might have more value than Prescott in the 3rd.
tough call but my vote is for Cook in the 2nd or Hogan in the 4th. I'm actually leaning toward taking the DT Butler in the 2nd and Hogan in the 4th
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Originally posted by Rascal:
2017 No.1 overall.

This, or if Lynch falls into the second.

Or a guy like Adams in the 5th - as a backup. That's about it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
A lot of people picking the 5th round......

Who's going to be available then (potentially)?

Kevin Hogan, Vernon Adams, a few others. I think its that most likely you arent finding your franchise QB with what is left so take a guy that you might be able to develop as a backup and look earlier in the daft next year, hopefully being in position to take a top prospect because Kaepernick is most likely out the door and Gabbert hasnt shown that he is anything more than backup caliber.

Agree on Kap being sent somewhere.

Philly has to release one of their QB's and I feel it'll be Bradford.

Will he reunite w/Chip??

IMO, this will be Gabbart's last chance at a starting QB.

I think he realizes this too.

I feel, nothing to back it up, that trent will try to get a QB next draft.
If Kaep sticks around, I'm down with selecting just one development QB in the 4th round or later to replace Dylan Thompson as our #3 QB. Guys on that list would be Hogan, Adams, Brandon Allen and Jeff Driskell. If Kaep gets traded, then I'm back to my original premise from earlier this offseason of a 2 QB draft. In that scenario, the Niners would get either Lynch or Dak Prescott in the late 1st - early 3rd round range, then the second QB later.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Since Goff and Wentz will no longer be there after the 1st & 2nd pick, I think we should draft a project after the 3rd round..

Dak Prescott would be the earliest pick in the early or mid 3rd.

4th rounder - Jake Ruddock; QB - Michigan

5th rounder - Nate Sudfeldl; QB - Indiana

I'm in the minority here but Prescott is being way overrated ,not that high of a ceiling but with some skill he will be a Tavarris Jackson type backup QB imo. V.Adams offers more possibility at a lower round, same with Hogan, next year we talk franchise QB .
Originally posted by hightop:
I'm in the minority here but Prescott is being way overrated ,not that high of a ceiling but with some skill he will be a Tavarris Jackson type backup QB imo. V.Adams offers more possibility at a lower round, same with Hogan, next year we talk franchise QB .

That's where I am too, although I'm not as cold on Prescott as you are.
Share 49ersWebzone