LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Browns trade 2nd overall pick to Eagles

Originally posted by English:
Glad it wasn't us throwing away draft picks.

What's the point of having picks if Baalke only picks "might be good" players. He thinks too much.
While this is a set back while looking for a QB, It isn't all bad. I like Goff a lot but I would not give up 5 picks that are surely in the first 3 rounds to move up 5 spots. You can blame Baalke but I won't. That is a king's ransom. I hope we get Buckner.
Originally posted by jreff22:
could kap be trade bait now for Cle?

I feel like the Browns have their eyes set on a QB later in the draft. A guy like Cook, Cardale Jones or Prescott.
This...doesn't really change anything except knowing the teams they are going to.
Originally posted by walker807:
So both quarterbacks are officially gone now. Guess it was the presumed outcome anyway.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol, this. Eagles might be in the NFC East basement next year and the Browns will be sitting pretty with two Top 10 1st rounders in a loaded draft class at the top. They will have the ammo to draft anyone they want.

Of course, being Cleveland they will still find a way to screw it up.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Buckner is the pick. I can feel it in my plums

Buckner to the Niners

• MikeD
  • Veteran
didn't realize the draft class was so good
Originally posted by Stanley:
What's the point of having picks if Baalke only picks "might be good" players. He thinks too much.

Every prospect in the draft is a "might be good" player. Nobody comes with a guarantee stamped on their forehead. The 49ers have a shot at guys like Buckner or Tunsil and seeing their schedule, could be in play for some outstanding prospects next year such as Garrett, Robinson, Watson and more.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 20, 2016 at 11:13 AM ]
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Gave up a lot for 6 spots....

That is what it costs a team to move up to #2.

I am so glad that we won't have to sit through a rookie QB development process.

Let's go Kap!!!!!

Yeah its probably the footballs gods way of saying don't give up on Kap
Originally posted by jreff22:
could kap be trade bait now for Cle?

I feel like the Browns have their eyes set on a QB later in the draft. A guy like Cook, Cardale Jones or Prescott.

Please god let them take Cook right in front of us He's from Cleveland he belongs there.

On a side note you'd think the Eagles know who the Rams are taking?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Well, at least that's two less teams needing a Qb in next years draft.

lol, this. Eagles might be in the NFC East basement next year and the Browns will be sitting pretty with two Top 10 1st rounders in a loaded draft class at the top. They will have the ammo to draft anyone they want.

Of course, being Cleveland they will still find a way to screw it up.

Almost certainly!
I wanted Wentz.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Apr 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM ]
Called the Eagles trading up for a QB the moment they slid to #8. Honestly thought it would be with Baltimore at 6 since they didn't have much capital this year but as always, things tend to work themselves out. Bradford and Daniels were nothing close to a show stopper.

We are about to get a stud at 7 OR end up with two 2nd round picks this year and Butler at 15 (assuming we trade back with Tennessee). Either way, I'm pumped!!!
Originally posted by Stanley:

Baalke is an awesome GM who can do no wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone