LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

QB plans in Round 1

QB plans in Round 1

This poll is strictly based on the team taking a QB in the first.

If they do, how would you like them to get one?
Where is the none of the above option?

Why can't we just trade down and take BPA? Why does it have to be QB? IMO after Goff/Wentz there is no QB worth taking in the first and Wentz isn't worth trading up for.
Originally posted by genus49:

Why can't we just trade down and take BPA? Why does it have to be QB? IMO after Goff/Wentz there is no QB worth taking in the first and Wentz isn't worth trading up for.

This^ Outside of wentz and Goff I don't see a QB worth drafting in the 1st.

Why?
Because "This poll is strictly based on the team taking a QB in the first."

It's a QB in the 1st hypothetical.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

That is precisely why we will need to get to 2.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Personally speaking, there are only 2 QBs for me in this draft and that is Goff and Wentz. By definition, if it was up to me then I think we will need to trade up to 2 to get whoever the Rams are not picking.

But, for Baalke? It could be anything. He could be even high on Connor Cook for all we know.
I think Baalke trades up to land a QB. A guy on this hot a seat needs to make a move.

He's got a good track record in the first round when he has moved up to land a player. i.e. A. Davis and Reid

Starting to seem like he's getting ready to make a deal
Originally posted by Rascal:

I also don't see either worth a move up

I don't see a QB worth drafting at all after those two guys
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
I think Baalke trades up to land a QB. A guy on this hot a seat needs to make a move.

He's got a good track record in the first round when he has moved up to land a player. i.e. A. Davis and Reid

Starting to seem like he's getting ready to make a deal

I totally agree. Is a long shot, but I think a lot of people are going to be surprised.

I totally agree. Is a long shot, but I think a lot of people are going to be surprised.

Draft day is gonna be interesting.

Could also see a scenario where Baalke moves back into the latter part of round one for an OL.
I rather take BPA with all of our picks.
I don't see a qb worth trading up for period
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

Draft day is gonna be interesting.

Could also see a scenario where Baalke moves back into the latter part of round one for an OL.

To me, is either QB or bust.

Anyone else he picks will be too little too late. If you just run through the chain of events from firing Harbaugh to hiring Tomsula to going 5-11, not making a single move with $60 mil of cap space to not going after the next franchise QB and followed by most likely losing even more games than last season? Baalke will be done. There is just nothing to excite the fans and to shed a more positive light on the direction the team is going in. On the other hand, if he goes up and get the next franchise QB, he might just be able to buy himself more time when the fans will be focused and eager to see what the new QB can bring, be it this year or come 2017.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Ok So let's throw all our picks away in a rebuild year. Makes 0 sense
Share 49ersWebzone